Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

The car ride was awkwardly silent. I uncomfortably squirmed in the leather seat, staring out the window. I didn't understand why I was freaking out. After all, I had easily accepted Reaper who has a reputations that drips red. Now here I was in a little Honda with a cop and didn't feel half as comfortable as I did on that damn motorcycle.

“Are you hot?” Officer Reynolds moves his hands to play with the air.

“I'm good, officer.” I tell him with a nervous smile.

“Please, call me Trevor,” he insists.

“All right, Trevor.” I tried out his name. It felt wrong. Quietly I decided that I would stick to Officer Reynolds. “What brings you all the way out here?”

“Following a lead on the shooting,” he says.

“What? You've stopped pressing Reaper? I thought you were convinced that it's his fault,” I remarked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“It is his fault. I must find the guilty party since he isn't giving me anything. Tell me, you are a smart and beautiful woman, what made you get involved with them?”

“I'm not involved with them.”

“Really?” he asks, surprise evident in his tone. “You have been seen with Reaper several times. After all, he had given you a ride here.”

Rolling my eyes, I shake my head. “We are...friends.” We're we? Did his guilt even constitute as a possible friendship? “He's just trying to help me out. Besides, none of this is any of your business.”

“You're right, it's none of my business. I'm sure that it's your father's business, though. After all, he has a known loathing of the Devil's Riders.”

I turned to the cop. “Are you threatening me, Officer Reynolds.”

“It's Trevor and let's just call it a helpful suggestion.” he says.

“Well here is some news for you. I am not a child. My father cannot dictate who I spend my time with.” Looking out the window I realized that we hadn't even reached the edge of Castleberry. “Stop the car.”

Officer Reynolds pulls the car into a parking spot. As I move to get out, he grabs a hold of my wrist. “Where do you think you are going?”

“I'm getting the hell away from you,” I said, yanking my wrist free from his grasp. With a loud slam, I shut the door and began my journey.

“Get back in the car, Dani.” Officer Reynolds says, driving beside me slowly.