Chapter 7:

Chapter 7:

I was released from the hospital on Wednesday. My father and I were escorted home by four of the Devil's Riders, much to his dislike. Reaper rode in front, occasionally glancing back at me when we pulled up to a stop sign.

"Do you know the reason behind this?" Dad asks.

"I was involved in a shooting twice. They are here to prevent it from happening again." I explain in the simplest of terms.

He scoffs. Dad doesn't believe that maybe somehow that all of this is my fault. Every ounce of blame still sits upon the shoulders of Reaper and the rest of the MC. My father may be a religious man, but they push his limits.

The police arrested one of the Devil's Riders for the shooting, despite the fact that they were on the right side of it. Charlie Mannez is his name. He'd expected to go in for three years if he pleads guilty, could be more if he pleads innocent. The hispanics that had kidnapped me- the ones that survived the shooting- got away clean.

Home was a welcoming sight. Familiar smells greeted me. No more smelling death and sickness as soon as I woke up. To say that I was glad to be home would be an understatement.

"How do you feel about pizza for dinner?" Dad asks as he set the dufflebag on the ground.

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Depends, are you making it or ordering it? If your making it, then I might as well be back at the hospital."

"My cooking isn't that bad," he grumbles.

I laughed. "I beg to differ. Last time you tried to cook something the fire department had to be called."

Before he had time to respond, Reaper shoved his way into the house followed by two other men. He gave them a motion before they dispersed through the house.

"What's this?" Dad asks.

"Just doing a sweep of the house," Reaper says. "Gotta make sure that it's safe."

"I'm calling the cops!" Dad threatens.

I grabbed his arm. "Dad, don't. They're just trying to help out."

"You should listen to your daughter, old man." Reaper said, adding fuel to the fire.

I towards him. "Don't start having a pissing contest. I just got out of the hospital! All I'm asking is for one nice, quiet evening."

"It's clear," one of the men said coming back into the room.