Chapter 7

I knocked on the door a couple of times.

            Then, the door swung open. "Leelee!" she threw her arms around me.

            "Hey, Lala."

            She hugged Jake who was standing next to me. "Hey, Jakey." She turned to me. "What're you guys doing here? Together?"

            I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to finally meet my secret admirer. I need something to wear."

            Delilah jumped up and down, clapping her hands rapidly with a wide grin on her face. "Let's go!" She pulled my wrist and we ran up the stairs. I almost tripped over myself trying to keep up with her.

            I sat on her bed while she rummaged through her closet.

            Jake came into the room and sat down on Deliah's bed next to me. "Was this what she did yesterday?" he whispered.

            I nodded. "Oh yeah."

            It took about half an hour for Delilah to settle on a single outfit. That was actually a record time for her.

            I groaned and fell back on the bed. "Delilah?"

            "Yeah?" her voice came from the closet.

            "Done yet?" I called, staring at her ceiling where she put a collages of pictures of designers clothes. It was actually really interesting to look at.

            I heard her giggle when she raced her way towards me with a dress in her arms. I sat up and took a really good look at the dress in her arms.

            It was so beautiful. It was a white dress. It wasn't a gown or anything too much. It was sleeveless and was cut right above the knee. It was just right.

            "Go, go, go!" Delilah urged as she handed me the dress and pushed me towards the bathroom.

            I tried to take my time and think things through.

            How can I do this? Am I really deciding between Cam and my secret admirer? Who really is more important to me?

            Something inside me just felt all guilty. Either way, I'd have to break someone's heart. Facing that fact is bad enough. Choosing between the two is horrible!

            It's a heart-wrenching decision that only I can make. And this decision could change my life.

+++ 

            Delilah had me wait in the chair as she curled my hair with an iron.

            "Delilah? Don't you think it's a little...too much?" I asked her hesitantly as I looked in the mirror. I really couldn't believe that was me in the mirror.

            She shook her head. "I don't think it is. Which guy wouldn't want to see the girl he's been crushing on in a dress like that the first time they meet face-to-face?"

            I pondered. "Then, what would I wear to a real date?" I asked her.

            She giggled. "Just leave all that stuff to me." She finished one last curl and place the iron down gently.

            She stepped in front of me and took a good look at my face. She smiled widely. "You look amazing!"

            I stood up and tried to walk in my two-inch heels. I flashed a smile at Delilah. "Thanks so much for everything!" I said, giving her a hug.