3

I woke up the next morning due to my alarm going off indicating that I had to get ready for another busy day of work.

I groaned, already in a bad mood due to the fact that I had such little sleep because of the mystery girl snoring loud enough to make the walls shake and waking me up.

"Turn it off." She grumbled.

I placed my two feet on the ground and walked over to her bed, pulling the blanket off her face which allowed the light to hit her.

She scrunched up her nose and squinted her eyes. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Waking you up, duh." I smiled sarcastically.

"I'm not a morning person. I'm hungover."

"Get used to it, babe and that's your own fault." I winked and grabbed my clothes and went for a shower.

~

As I walked back into my room, she was getting dressed and I cleared my throat.

"Can't you get dressed elsewhere?" I sighed.

"You're gonna be seeing me naked eventually anyway. Hell, you're gonna be panting underneath my naked body before you know it."

I let out a soft chuckle. "What's your name, seriously?"

"Demetria. But call me Demi."

"I like it. A lot." I smiled.

She proceeded to get dressed and I watched as she threw a shirt over her head. Something caught my eye on her wrist. Were they? No, they couldn't be.

Instinctively, I grabbed her wrist to confirm my suspicion. Yep, they were. Scars.

"Don't ask questions. I won't tell you." She stated blunty and I threw my hands up in surrender.

"The tattoos are nice." I directed the conversation else where.

She had a cross on her hand, birds up her left arm with the word 'faith'. She had a kiss and 'stay strong' across her wrists.

"Do you have any elsewhere?" I questioned curiously.

She started to unbutton her pants.

"What are you doing!?"

"You asked." She winked before breaking out in a laugh. "I'm kidding. I have one on my ribs, one on my foot, one on my shoulder and one behind my ear."

"Impressive."

"You got any?"

"If you count this heart on my finger." I chuckled showing her.

"Nice." She smiled before walking to class.

I gathered my things for class but knew there was no way I would be able to focus. I kind of felt disheartened that she had harmed herself and even more worried that she didn't want to talk about it at all. It scared me to know what she had been through and deep down I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. She seemed so happy the first day I met her and now I know it was just mask. Something was hurting her and I needed to know why.

~

I had first period with Demi and of course, once again took the empty seat next to her. She was chatting to a bunch of people that I didn't know. She seemed to be quite popular. I watched cautiously as she engaged in conversation, taking in every word and they way she would throw her head back when she laughed. I smiled to myself.

"Settle down." I heard a mans voice and everyone directed their attention to the teacher.

I glanced over at Demi who was writing in a book, her attention fully on what she was writing.