adulting 2

Hello! I know not many people read this book but I still had a request to update so I'll try to add some more chapters soon! I have hurt my hand and can't really write a lot at the moment, actually, I shouldn't be writing at all for recovery so please wait a bit and the updates will come later on! I have a lot of ideas, I'm just physically restricted right now.
Thank you for understanding and enjoy the story!

_______________

The relaxing breakfast was a nice change of pace from the slightly dramatic and intense morning the couple had, especially Tong Nian, who had been entirely unprepared for the conversation. Waking up to it had actually given her anxiety, especially since she still didn't know how Gun would react when he found out the whole story, but she tried to take all those thoughts out of her mind. 
She focused on the steam of the hot coffee and the toasted smell which accompanied it. She usually ate breakfast by herself or with the boys, and usually was also the one to make the food for herself so waiting and enjoying her morning coffee while her husband cooked eggs and toasted the bread felt like a luxury. 
 She smiled as he plated all their food, and placed it in front of her. 

"You should drink juice instead of having coffee" 

"it doesn't taste as good" 

"but it's better for you," Gun said, taking a bite of his egg. 

Tong Nian chuckled before replying "says you. you shouldn't lecture me on eating better considering your diet" 
Before Gun had a chance to respond, however, a chorus of 'good mornings' come as the boys walked into the eating area. They had finally woken up. The boys were gamers after all and did end up like the stereotype in that they stayed up late and woke up slightly late because of this. 

"sister-in-law!" Demo said with a bit too much enthusiasm that Gun could handle in the morning "are you feeling better?" 

"I'm fine, you guys just worry for no reason" Tong Nian answer smiling brightly at them. Gun also smiled though it was a much subtler smile than the one his wife had, he was happy about how close the two major parts of his life were. The boys had genuinely started to care for Tong Nian before even he, Gun himself had. 

"boss, no work today?" grunt asked

"I have work. I have to work on you all, to see how much you all have been lazing around while I was gone" 

A slew of complaints came started from this comment "we didn't" 

"We practiced hard" 

"Captain wouldn't even let us" 

"yea, you should have more faith in us boss" 

Gun waited patiently until they were finished before replying coldly "okay then, we can have a match against me later. see if you are lying" 

This shut everyone up effectively and multiple groans could be heard as the group enjoyed the rest of their breakfast in peace. 
The boys, however, were very happy to see their sister-in-law happy, She spoke to them in her usual cheery voice again and also made all of the coffee. 
The rest of breakfast ended uneventfully and soon after everyone had started to clear out. Gun wasn't sure how to approach Tong Nian again, seeing her cry had really scared him, he didn't want to make her day off a bad experience. Not to mention the fact that they were spending so little time together, that the only time they were together being bad seemed like a form of torture. 

"How about we go out this evening?" He asked, casually, wanting to do something together since he had the chance. He also took this time to clean up after both their and the kids mess from breakfast and Tong Nian started to help.