The Convention

Open on Eda's Human Collectibles stand. She is dusting the table, looking bored, while Luz is reading the first Azura book to King and y/n does some of his dark magic light glyphs. Cut to the pages of the book, showing Azura facing off against Hecate.

Luz: Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!" And look! I drew a flip book.

Luz flips between two pages

Luz: Pew, pew, pew!

King: Show me the picture.

King peeks over the top of the book

Luz: What?

King: Show me the picture!

Luz shows him

King: Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists.

Luz: Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?

King: Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!

Luz: Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book.

Eda: Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers!

Y/n (yelling): THE GOOD WITCH AZURA AFTER CHALLENGING HECATE TO A WITCHES DUAL SHAKE HANDS TO SEAL THE AGREEMENT! THEY-

Y/n is cut off by Eda putting her hand over his mouth

Luz: Um, Eda? What customers? There aren't even any other stands around. What's going on?

Eda: This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today.

Gus: Luz!

him and Willow run up to the stand

Gus: Something amazing is happening today!

Luz: Gus, Willow! Hey!

Willow holds up a flyer

Willow: It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!

Luz: A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?

Eda: Absolutely not.

Luz groans and drops to the ground

Eda: I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system.

Willow: Mmm.

Willow drops the flyer

Eda: Eh, but, you know, no judgment. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls.

Luz: "We"?

Eda: I-- the-- I mean--

Luz pops back up

Luz: Who's "we"? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!

Eda: No.

Luz: Okay. Then you leave me no choice.

King grabs the book

King: "You shall not shan't doeth no more harm," Azura callethed out...

King continues reading

Eda: So flowery, so awful.

Y/n takes Eda's hand off

Y/n: AFTER THEY SHOOK HANDS, THEY LEFT THEIR SEPARATE WAYS UNTIL THE DUAL WAS TO COMMENCETH!