3-Sinking

"So..." Mrs. Alberts poured me a cup of tea. "How are you doing today, Delilah?"

I rolled my eyes, lifting my feet on top of the coffee table and pressing the steaming cup of hot tea on my lips.

"Not anything new." I shrugged. "And still, I'm not talking to you."

Her red lips pursed into a straight line, as she sighed.
"No progress."

"As a psychologist..." I took another sip from the tea. "You shouldn't let your patient down."

"Okay." She stood up from her chair, and sat down next to me on the couch. "Let's take another view for this."

She grabbed a photo in its frame from the coffee table and passed it towards me.

"I had a husband." She showed me the picture. "He was a fire fighter and one day he got trapped into a burning house. He was able to save all the other people in the building but he didn't make it. He died."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, suddenly feeling bad for her.

"I was down, like really. I loved him so much, and so suddenly the world had to take him away." She muttered. "He died while saving other's lives."

I nodded my head, as a little tear dropped from my eye.
"How did you..."

"I was forced to go see a psychologist." She cut me off. "Just like you, and I hated it just like you. But after a long time, I realized that it helped. That's why I wanted to become a psychologist and help people."

I lowered my gaze down, as she stood up from the couch and made her way back to the armchair. She placed the photo of her husband on the shelf.

"I don't want to force you to talk Delilah." She smiled sadly. "But I want you to know that I know how it feels, and I know that talking about it with someone is going to help."

Another tear dropped from my eye to the cup of tea, I was holding.
"I just miss him so fucking much, I don't know what to do."

There was a quick pause, as I relieved the heavy breath shakingly.
"It's so unfair. He wasn't supposed to be the person to die. It was supposed to be me, and I'm so fucking angry to him that he had to be a hero and save me. He took a bullet for me, and it feels like it's my fault."

She nodded, writing something down on the paper.
"Keep going."

"And I can't just, I can't take it. He won't come back. I won't be able to give him a big hug and tell him how fucking much I loved him, and how fucking good brother he was."

"He knows it." She said. "Your brother knows it."

"He won't ever place that one tiny stupid kiss on my forehead to make me feel better." I whispered. "I just can't..."

She placed the pen down and sighed, raising her gaze to me.
"You are going through so much, a lot of things are pressing yourself down. It's painful, I know it is, but I'm here to help you and mostly listen to you. I want you to let everything out, every single little thing out."

Uncertain

"Abby?" I questioned, being shocked by my brother's girlfriend in the hall. "What are you doing here?"

Abby turned towards me and smiled, coming to give me a hug.
"Hey youngster, I've missed you."

"I saw you last week oldster." I rolled my eyes. "But seriously, what are you doing here?"

She waved the car keys of Bryson's car in front of my eyes, smirking.
"It's a girls day today."

"Okay." I nodded, starting to walk out of the building. "What are we gonna do?"