𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

*I just wanted to let you all know, updates will be coming slower until Eternals comes on Disney. But once it comes on I will go back and edit all the chapters that need editing.*

Present day Moscow, Russia.

I rolled the small pearl between my fingers as it hung on the thing golden chain around my neck.

"What are you even talking about? What was that thing? Who the hell are you people? And why are you not even worried about the fact you just killed, whatever that was" Athalia almost shouted while waving her hands around in the air.

"Maybe she should step outside." Sirse suggested in a calm voice.

"No, she doesn't need to step outside!" Athalia shouted referring herself in the third person.

"Athalia, just go wait in your room or something." I offered. She nodded and left the kitchen. "Do you guys want something to drink?" I asked.

"Nyx, we don't have time for this. We need to find the others and tell them what's happened." Ikaris said.

"Do we even know where they are?" I asked sitting back down at the bar.

"A few. And they might know where the rest are." Sprite put out.

"What about Ajak? Does she know where they are?"

Almost before I could blink the three of them looked at each other, then they suddenly thought the counter was a really nice counter.

"What about Ajak?" I demanded.

"Ajak, she was killed by a Deviant. They attacked her at her house and when we got there she was gone." Ikaris said.

He seemed different. I could see the tears in Sirse's eyes, and Sprite was fiddling with her fingers, but Ikaris was more focused on finding the others. I know people have different ways of mourning, but he should at least feel a little upset.

"Oh, my God." I felt like the room wouldn't stop spinning. I almost fell out of the stool.

"We need to find the others and warn them about the Deviants." Ikaris stated.

"I agree." I said with a shaky voice setting my head in my hands.

"What?" The three of them asked. Ikaris' voice was the loudest and most shocked.

"It pains me deeply but, Ikaris is right and we need the others and they should be warned." I got up from my seat.

"Okay. We'll go wait outside while you tell your friend." Sirse said leading the others towards the door.

I knocked on Athalia's bedroom door.

She took no time to rush to the door.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what hell is happening!" She screeched.

"Athalia, calm down. I'll be gone for maybe a week, you need to get out of town and find a motel to stay in." I instructed.

"And where will you be?" She rested her hands on her hips.

"I don't know." I spoke honestly.

"Nick, just tell me what's happening. We've been through so much together. Even creepy Dexter." She sat on her bed and I sat next to her. "Just tell me what's happening." She pleaded.

"I know. Don't freak out."

"Promise." She said.

I took a deep breath. "Thousands of years ago me and a few other immortal beings were sent to Earth to protect it from those creatures called Deviants, we're Eternals. I'm Nyx, the Greeks thought me as the goddess and personification of darkness." I rushed the words.

Her mouth just hung open and I thought her eyes were going to roll out of her skull.

"Athalia?" She wasn't moving. "Athalia!" I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Can you go through that slower?" She said out of breath.

"I'm an immortal being sent to protect Earth with those other people out there. And a few others." I said.

"No wonder your skin is so perfect." She said. "Is that why you and your boyfriend broke up. Because he was getting wrinkles and you weren't?" She asked.

"No." I said flatly.

"Oh. Well, if your immortal then you shouldn't have to worry about those things, right? The monster that attacked us." She clarified.

"Actually, I do. I'm not strong enough to stop them all on my own and from what I've heard, they're stronger." I explained.

"Wait. So you're going to run straight at something that is stronger than you thought, with no plan and, what am I supposed to do?" She asked.

"Like I said, go to a motel out of town."

"But, no. I want to come with you." She said.

"You can't do that." I shook my head.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Are you serious? Why won't I let you go after a monster that takes at least two Eternals to kill?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Eternals. That's a stupid name." She scoffed.

"Well, we're here for all eternity." I shrugged.

"No! I'm not just going to let you run after those things. You'd have to be insane to think that Is let you do that." She stood up.

"That's why your not going to let me. I'm doing it whether you're okay with it or not." I stood up. "Trust me. I got this." I shrugged.

"Be very, very, very, very, very, very careful." She said.

"I will." I gave her a big hug trying not to think about what will happen next.

"Very, very careful." She said before I left the apartment.