Chapter Eight

Adrien lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He couldn't believe he had gotten akumatized. He tried to remember what happened but everything was so fuzzy and fading, it seemed more like a dream. He did remember getting extremely angry at someone...the new Cat Noir. He was Cat Noir, nobody else. He felt anger rising again and got a strong urge to throw something, but eventually he just gave up. At that rate, he would've gotten akumatized again.

He held his hand up to his face. His ring was back on, and he hadn't spoken to Plagg all evening. It was time to say something.

"Um, Plagg?" Adrien said quietly. Plagg didn't look up for a moment, for he was busy eating camembert and staring at a cheese magazine.

"Yeah?" Plagg answered without looking up. 

"Did I ever tell Hawk - um, Lady Luna, that I'm Cat Noir?" Adrien asked nervously. Plagg hesitated to answer again. 

"Not that I saw," He said, finally laying the magazine down and looking Adrien in the eyes. 

"That's surprising," Adrien said, his brows scrunching in thought. "I wonder why."

"I bet I know why," Plagg said. Adrien looked at him with fascination. "Since you've been Cat Noir for so long, it's just second nature that you tell no one your about your double life. You've trained yourself to be that way so well, it stood against the helplessness of akumatization." Adrien shook his head with disbelief.

"I'm so relieved I didn't tell her," Adrien murmured. He crawled farther under the covers, and the side of his face hit the pillow with exhaustion. 

"Good night, Plagg. And I'm sorry that I allowed myself to be manipulated so easily," Adrien said quietly as he drifted off to sleep.

"It's okay, Adrien. Good night," Plagg whispered back.