Chapter Five

Marinette was so glad that it didn't take Tikki too long to talk to Plagg. She felt a rush of relief swamp her when she spotted Tikki, and she hugged Marinette's face when she arrived. Marinette giggled, and then gave Tikki a meaningful look.

"Plagg said that he's been acting that way even when he's not Cat Noir. More sad than normal. He said he would talk to him as soon as I left -" But she didn't get to finish. A tiny hovering black figure zipped through the window holding something like...a ring. A black ring like you've never seen before, with a bright green paw blazing a bright tail after it. Oh no. It's Plagg, with Cat Noir's miraculous!

"Cat Noir's been frozen by the new akumatized villain!!" Plagg said desperately, shoving the miraculous into Marinette's hand. "You need to give this miraculous to a different holder. This villain is formidable, and you'll need it's power."

"Oooooh, Plagg's using big words now! Smarter under pressure," Tikki teased. Plagg attempted to shove her and Tikki dodged with a giggle.

"But..." Marinette murmured with confusion. It was going too fast. She hadn't even gotten an akuma alert yet. As if on cue, both her computer and her phone dinged, and she pulled her phone out.

"An akumatized villain by the name of Truth Seeker is wreaking havoc in Paris, searching for none other than Ladybug. His identity is yet to be discovered," said Nadja Chamack. Marinette gasped as she saw a clip of the villain. He was a figure that moved unnaturally fast, and he froze many civilians that were passing by. He didn't say a single word the whole time. Only once did Marinette see what he looked like, and only very briefly. He had golden hair that shone, but his suit didn't go with it at all. You could only see his cold, turquoise eyes, and the rest was covered with black and the occasional turquoise swirl. 

"He looks awfully familiar..." Marinette said, Plagg and Tikki hovering over her shoulders so they could see the screens. She gasped with horror and realization. It was Adrien!!

"Oh no!!!! My poor, sweet Adrien. I need to help him!!" Plagg gagged secretly as Marinette shouted frantically. "Tikki, spots on!"

A pink flash erupted from her, and when it cleared she was Ladybug. "Plagg, I know just the person to help. Stay close," Ladybug said. Plagg hovered above her shoulder, and tried to keep up as she zipped on her yoyo to find whoever would be the substitute Cat Noir.

"Who do you have in mind?" Plagg asked.

"You'll find out. Just keep a low profile right now, we can't draw attention," Ladybug murmured.

________________

Lady Luna stood in the dark, cold cave where eerie white butterflies flitted all around her. She felt only slightly uncomfortable, but didn't let it faze her. Gabriel Agreste, the true Hawkmoth, was out on a trip to New York City in America, showcasing his newest and most popular designs and working on an important project with Audrey Bourgeois. He had entrusted it to her while he was gone, which was four days. He was coming back that night, and she couldn't let him down. She couldn't fail. Not at all.

Lady Luna checked in on Adrien, who was awaiting Ladybug in a dark alley. She felt a little pang of guilt at akumatizing Gabriel's son, but there wasn't anything she wouldn't do to help him, even if it meant harming others, herself.

 She nodded, satisfied for now.

It was only a matter of time before Ladybug appeared.