Pool Party

Mark And Ethan Take a dip under the night sky
___________________________________
TW: none. [1072 words]

(E) = Ethan POV
(M) = Mark POV
(3rd) = 3rd POV
___________________________________

(3rd)

The Two made it to Mark's home. The sky showed no sign of the sun being out. It was just dark blue.
Ethan left the van, admiring the house he has seen twice this week. Ethan's eyes dart in different directions landing on something behind the house. He ran towards it.
"Ethan?" Mark called out.
He followed. Ethan peeked over the fence, looking around Mark's backyard. "You had a pool?" He laughed loudly. Mark rolled his eyes. Ethan stared at Mark smiling, Mark answered his question. "You can go for a dip if you want to-" he didn't even finish his sentence before Ethan open the fence gate and ran towards the pool, Mark followed. The pool was a nice dark blue, reflecting the sky.
"Is it clean?" Ethan asked. Mark nodded.
"Pog."

Ethan began removing his shirt. Mark panicked for a second before looking away respecting his privacy. Ethan stripped to his boxers before looking at the pool again, Mark glanced at him once again. Without hesitation, Ethan dived headfirst into the pool. Mark waited for his reaction to the pool being cold.

Ethan's head popped out of the water, shivering. "Is it cold?" Mark laughed. "It's not that bad." He said, diving into the water again. Mark walked closer to the pool standing near the edge. He stayed a far enough distance from getting wet. After a while, Ethan's head popped out of the water again. He stared at Mark, who was standing there cross armed. "Don't tell me your just going to stand there and watch me like a zombie." He said in a stern voice. Disinterested, Mark rolled his eyes. "I'm not a huge fan the swimming. Especially at night!"

"You have a pool in your backyard, and yet you hate like swimming" Ethan earnestly said. "Ironic huh?"

Ethan dived in the water swimming closer to the edge to where Mark was standing. He swung his arm up, splashing Mark in the face. He darted back covering his face. "Come on man, Face your fears."

Mark wiped his face from the pool water. "Alright, you're gonna get it." He said scornfully. Mark stepped back and began stripping to his boxers. He jumped into the pool causing a wave of water to attack Ethan. After a second of the burble noises from the pool, Mark popped his head out of the water and splashed water towards Ethan. Ethan did the same.

The two continued to splash water towards each other, laughing, enjoying the fun of attacking each other with water. When Mark's back was turned, Ethan dived into the dark water of the pool. Mark turned around know Ethan was underwater. The water was too dark to see him but he knew he was there in front of him. At least he thought.

After a while, Ethan never floated above the water. Mark grew concerned. "Ethan?" He called out. There was no response. "Ethan?!" He yelled out louder. Ethan never popped out of the water. Where was he?
In fear he was drowning, Mark darted around the pool to where Ethan would be. Mark felt hands grab his foot and pulled him down. He screamed.

He turned around and saw Ethan's head bob out of the pool water laughing. "Holy Shit you scared me!" Mark yelped, cover his face. Ethan's face turned bright red from laughing so hard. "Fucker..." Mark mumbled, trying not to laugh.

Ethan stared at Mark, face still bright red. "Sorry, I had too, I couldn't resist."
Mark turned towards Ethan, "See why I hate swimming at night?"
"Come on its not that bad."

Mark, annoyed, splashed more water at Ethan. "Round 2?" Ethan asked, splashing Mark again. After a while of splashing each other again, Mark hopped out of the pool and stood near the edge. Ethan watched confused. To be fun, Ethan splashed water towards Mark again. "Oh yeah?" He said sarcastically. Ethan floated back, realizing what Mark was about to do. In one quick moment, Mark cannonballs into the pool creating a huge splash. Mark floated above the surface with a smug look on his face. "I win."

"Fine." Ethan laugh rolling his eyes.

They looked at each other for a while. Ethan laughed. "What?" Mark stared him down. "You look cute with your hair soaked in chemicals."
Mark's face was turning red now. After a moment of silence. Mark's expression changed to an emotion of concern. "Ethan?" He whispered.
"What?"
"Did you see that?"
Mark pointed to his side. The water was too dark to see anything. Ethan looked around he couldn't see anything. "No...?"

Mark stared down the side of the pool, not even looking up at Ethan for a moment. "What did you see?" Ethan said turning around.

The sound of bubbles filled the pool for a second. Ethan heard Mark yell but it was cut off but muffled noise, Ethan turned back around. Mark was gone.

"Mark?"

After about 5 seconds of silence, Mark jumped out of the water in front of Ethan screaming, scaring the boy. Ethan fell back to the side of the pool, he felt his heart pound out of his chest. Mark laughed loudly, getting his revenge on Ethan. "Holy Sh- You're an asshole." Ethan exclaimed. "Karma" Mark said grinning evilly.

Mark and Ethan floated above the water and looked out towards the night sky. They stayed there for a while before Mark decided to break the silence. "We'll, I'm gonna get out before I freeze my ass off. How bout you?"

"Just a few more minutes." Ethan replied.

Mark swam to the edge of the pool and hopped out. Ethan swam to the edge and rested his arms on the concrete. Mark began putting his clothes back on, Ethan rested his head on his arms and watched him.

"You like what you see?" Mark interrupted the silence. Ethan stared up at Mark's eyes. "Can't say I don't" He replied. Mark looked away, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

Ethan hops out of the pool and grabbed his clothes.

Their outfits were soaked as soon as they were worn. "I definitely gonna need new clothes." Ethan sighed. "You could borrow some of mine tonight." Mark said, confronting him. "You wanna watch a movie or something?" He continued.

"Sure."