A Night Under Stars

Ethan finds Mark's house and decides to watch the stars from his house.
____________________________________
TW: mention about death [727 words]
'Unus Annus'

(E) = Ethan's POV
(3rd) = Third POV
____________________________________

(E)

My eyes stayed on the sky, i noticed it getting darker and the moon getting much brighter than before. My walk was taking longer than I had hoped. I decided to head back before I noticed something. A house, a familiar house. A car standing in its driveway. It was hard to recognize it completely as the sky slowly was growing dimmer. I got closer to the car and recognized it. It was Mark's car. This was Mark's house. I stood in front of his house and tried to look through his front window, I didn't see him inside, for a moment I felt like he wasn't home. I knocked on his door which proved my answer.

My mind was focused on the sky still, I stared at it for a second before lying on the front hood of Mark's car. I tried to be gentle, making sure sure I wouldn't break anything, it was pretty sturdy and not much of a problem. I rested my head back and looked up. I noticed the sky kinda help me take my mind off Mark. But as soon as I thought of that, my mind went right back to Mark, which got me annoyed. I rubbed my eyes and tried to shake him from my head. I letted my mind rest for a moment.

I heard a small thud which woke me up from my small nap. The sky was darker. Shit, did I just take a nap on his car? I needed to get home. Before I left I looked out to the stars and turned my head to my left. Completely oblivious to someone lying next to me. I jump back letting out a loud gasp. I sighed in relief realizing it was Mark.

"Holy Shit, you scared me"

Mark Chuckled loudly. After a moment of silence, I turned towards him, still lying on his hip, almost giving me puppy eyes. "How long we're you there?" I said, silently panting. "Only for like, 20 seconds." He replied. I smirked at me for a moment. "How long we're you here?"

I felt my face blush. "I don't even know." I said lying back down.

Mark lied beside me. We both looked out to sky again. I wasn't thinking about the stars anymore, I was thinking about Mark, which was what I was trying to avoid.
(⚠️Cry Warning⚠️: Unus Annus Reference)

Mark let out a soft sigh. "Do you ever just look out to the sky and just wonder like-" he paused. "Why are we here?" I turned my head towards him, he did the same. "All the time."

"How do you think you're going to die?"

I actually thought for a moment.

"I don't know..."
"I definitely don't want to die on a painful way."
I turned my head back towards the sky. "How do you wanna die?"
He chuckled softly. "Honestly, I wanna die in a hilarious way."
"I wanna be remembered more for how hilarious my death was." I laughed with him.

After a moment of silence, I sighed softly. "I am afraid of not achieving my goal before I die."

"Me Too, our time is limited and we all take each second for granted." Mark replied. "Each breathe we take is one we closer to death."

Mark's words made me a little nostalgic. I loved listening to his voice talking about this kind of stuff. He sounds like the narrator in a horror film. So deep yet calming.

"Memento Mori" He sighed.

I chuckled for a second and turned my head towards him. "What's that mean?"

"It's Latin for remembering death and shit" he giggled.

I was comforted with Mark lying next to me. Neither of us were paying attention on how long we were lying there together. My guess was about 5 more minutes.

A cold breeze flew past my skin, causing my body to chill. Mark turned his head towards me, noticing I was getting cold. Mark sat up on the car. "Do you wanna head inside?" He asked.

For a moment I stared at him in silence. Would I want to go inside of Mark's house for the second time today? I guess...

"Sure"