Chapter 37: Tugged

"He fell asleep." Although he was outside, Shen Muan lowered his voice subconsciously.

    Shen Fangqi breathed a sigh of relief: "Fortunately, you are here." Otherwise, I really don't know what to do.

    "I think his condition is a little better." Shen Mu'an was still a little worried, but it was a good thing to be able to cry.

    Shen Fangqi nodded, and suddenly asked: "Do you want something to eat? I will make it for you."

    " I don't have an appetite, I will sit for a while and watch him." Shen Muan poured himself a glass of water but he didn't get a sip of it.

    "Has the murderer been caught?" Shen Mu'an asked, holding the cup with his back to Shen Fangqi.

    Shen Fangqi: "I caught him. The other party was passionately killing. It was easy to catch. He confessed to what he did." Thinking of the man crying bitterly, Shen Fangqi felt a little ridiculous.

    No matter how much the other party regrets, no matter how painful they are, they will not be able to save the lives of those two days.

    And that innocent child...

    What did he do wrong?

    The matter has reached the point where it is irreversible. No matter how much the child apologizes, no matter how painful it is, it will be useless.

    This is a deliberate killing.

    Shen Muan thought for a while and said, "How about I take a day off tomorrow? It's not good to leave him alone at home, and he can't be taken to the kindergarten without the consent of the principal."

    "Is it okay?" Shen Fangqi asked.

    "It's okay." Shen Muan shook his head, he was still worried about the child.

    After confirming, Shen Muan took a day off. Although the principal said that he could take Gu Mingrui to the kindergarten, Shen Muan felt that he still had to observe Gu Mingrui's state first, and then consider this.

    Although there are many children in the kindergarten, it is also an unfamiliar environment.

    If you want to adapt, I'm afraid it won't be so fast.

    And Shen Muan was also a little worried that Gu Mingrui would be stimulated by other children's unintentional actions.

    So it is better to observe at home for a day.

    Gu Mingrui slept soundly, but even when he was asleep, his brows were frowned.

    Even when he was sleeping, he couldn't forget about it.

    Shen Muan took a book, sat on the edge of the bed, turned it over, and had to check Gu Mingrui's state from time to time.

    Gu Mingrui fell asleep and suddenly started sobbing softly. Shen Muan heard the sound and put the book aside, lying next to the boy, hugging him in his arms, and gently patted his back.

    Shen Muan gently hummed nursery rhymes, trying to dispel his nightmare with singing.

    After a while, Gu Mingrui calmed down. He was curled up in Shen Mu'an's arms, his hands were still holding Shen Mu'an's clothes tightly, and he refused to let go.

    Smelling the faint scent of Shen Muan's body, Gu Mingrui didn't have nightmares anymore this time, he could feel someone being with him.

    Shen Muan continued to gently pat Gu Mingrui's back. Slowly, he couldn't help but yawned and fell asleep.