Chapter 3 | Besstepper Sail

Which is now.

The boys all left onto the Blackbus, leaving the two smaller busses on either end of the school. The larger bus u-turned and drove off.

Evan, Richard and Sharon got off the roof and met people in the quad.
"Where is everyone?" Evan asked looking around.
"So... they couldn't find me?" Richard wheezed.
"Well they didn't come for you." Evan reminded him.
The dust settled and the odd brick fell for a while after. The quad was baron, only holding a knocked over carrotshack.
"evan." They heard faintly.
"EVAN!" The voice got louder and it came closer. It was Morgan shouting for her friend.
"Morgan!" Evan laughed as she arrived at the quad, "You're okay!"
"They took Lilly!" She got out through her panting.
"No." Evans face dropped.
"They took her on that bus and left." She panicked.
Evan looked over to Richard who said,
"Emergency meeting!"

On their way they passed the exclusion room that was still intact and saw both Rowan and Matt laying on the hard floor.
Richard opened a door to a meeting room. Inside was Sharon, Mr Carrotborne and Ms Bandana.
"No Mr Principle?" Richard asked sitting down.
"No, he had to do something." Ms Bandana explained brilliantly.
"Well then... where do we start?" Richard asked.
"Ok I know you only talk yo adults but do you just have meetings with teachers now?" Evan asked.
"Yea... I'm the king of the school." Richard laughed.
"More importantly!" Evan yelled, "What are we doing about Lilly!?"
"We are going to go after her." Sharon said.
"Just as soon as we have a heading." Mr Carrotborne added, "...and after I find all my five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred caaaaaaarroooots."
"We need to find out who they are and why they attacked us." Ms Bandana said.
"I know who they are, they're Boys On Tour! That choir I was in ages ago!"
"So we can assume they're appearance is your fault?" Ms Bandana asked.
"No." Evan sighed, "But I know whos. And I think he can help."
Everyone looked at Evan as he made his way to the middle of the room. "I know you all remember... Rowan Aboat."
The whole room groaned.
"You're right!" Richard wiggled his finger, "It was because he came back, that the busses attacked. Looking for him presumably."
"Im not sure." Evan said, "But if we work with him we c-"
"No!" Mr Carrotborne yelled.
"I'll be dammed if I have to see that boy for another second!" Ms Bandana yelled.
"I'm sorry Evan. But we have to do this alone." Sharon told him.
"We'll find Lilly." Richard told himself.
"But you don't know these guys, they're mental! I don't know what they want with Lilly but it can't be good!" Evan yelled.
"Oh piss of Stark." Carrotborne scoffed.
And Evan huffed off leaving the jerks to their circle.

He held his head in his hands. Conflicted and confused he stayed outside the exclusion room for ten minutes. The breeze went down his neck from the bus sized hole in the wall. He didn't want to work with Rowan, but he unlocked the door and entered.

"Rowan." Evan said, seeing his former friend.
"Ah, Mr Stark." Rowan laughed, seeming very pleased to see him. "And what do I owe the pleasure of your presence."
"Stop it Rowan, you even talk like them now.
"The Boys On Tour attacked us and they took Lilly." Evan explained, "And I wouldn't be here if I had another choice. But you know them."
"What are you suggesting?" Rowan grinned getting onto chair.
"Ugh!" Evan sighed, "Rowan tell me. Why do they want Lilly?"
"I couldn't tell ya." Rowan said putting his legs up on nother chair.
"Rowan!?"
"Well she's your girlfriend isn't she, that's leverage." Rowan said.
"She's not my... and why would they want me?"
"I might know."
"Well what?" Evan asked impatiently.
"She has a very valuable... bus pass."
"How? She's got a normal one." Evan insisted.
"She was given another." Rowan quietly said.
"...how?" Evan grumbled.
"Well... I snuck it in her bag. Yesterday, when I was cuffed." Rowan explained.
"Don't recon this early, or late. What time is it even?"
"No that was planned out." Rowan defended me.
"Then why the fuck would you do that?!" Evan yelled.
"I was hiding it!" Rowan explained. "And now you have motive to join me." He laughed.
"Rowan I hate you." Evan told.
"We're going to need more people. Not Richard now, I think he hates me... We'll gather the rest of the sardine squad... do you know where Micheal is? Because he's not at the academy. Ah I miss Micheal."
"Micheal? Micheal Shmichael?" Evan asked and Rowan nodded, "He might have a lesson in Knewher Frid-"
"Oh! You can invite Luke and Morgan." Rowan suggested.
"We're not hanging out here Row-"
"Hey! Corey will be there too. So that leaves Annie, we can come back for Annie I dunno where she lives."
"Me neither." Evan said, "But Rowan. This isn't going to be fun okay? We're not going to have a cross country whimsical adventure. I'm going to save Lilly, and you can never come back to the academy."
"Christ!" Rowan laid down on the floor again, "Why's everyone so insistent I don't come back?"
"It's probably because that stunt you pulled." Matt said from under a desk. His back was against the wall and he was chewing some nicotine chewing gum.
"Holy shit, you're in this scene." Rowan laughed, "And what did I say about exposition?"
"Shut up Rowan I hate you too." He groaned, "And Liana lives south that way." The curly haired boy added.
"We know... it's Annie we don't know." Rowan sighed.
"Were you even listening?" Evan asked.
"Look at him he's probably high." Rowan laughed.
"That's nicotine, you don't get high off nicotine." Evan said very unamused.
"He's small so it's more effective." Rowan argued.
"Yes, but you don't get high off nicotine." Evan repeated. "I'm so gonna regret this. But come on already. We have a bus to steal."