Chapter 2 | The Second Chapter

That night there was an after party for the coronation. Richard partied his heart out to Come On Eileen and Mr Blue Sky and the other students had to listen to his music taste for the whole night.

Later he and Sharon Frasier took a walk along the roof of E block, above the gym.
"You know I think we should make these roofs places to hang out, save space, put something in the yards." Sharon said.
"It is funny how many people do hang out on roofs and that." Richard remarked, "But I wanna talk about earlier."
"Well which part?" Sharon laughed.
"I had this whole plan to ask Lilly out..." He said.
"Oh... Well Lilly is very much her own person. You'd know hey? She doesn't like to be told what to do." Her mother explained. "What is that?" She turned. A loud grumbling came from the town. Lights burst through the gaps in the houses and roofs. The two stood there trying to figure out what it was. It was getting louder and the lights brighter.
Richards eyes widened,
"BUSSES!" He shouted and tackled Sharon to the floor.

An armada of large busses came bursting through the academy's fences and over the yards. The academy shook as the busses closed in on it. They smashed into the walls and fences of the academy. Ruining the buildings and honking their horns for a laugh.

From the roof Richard could see that the biggest bus was approaching. It came around a bend and showed itself to the academy. Its sides were painted with a black stipe and its face was sharp and rugged. Signs and chains were hung up around it. This bus had to have been fifteen meters long so god knows how it made its way up Spring Valleys very windy one way streets.

It approached slowly while the other few buses continued to ram into the academy. Holes were made on either end of the school. One in maths, and one in exclusion. It woke Rowan up, along with the few other students who were there over night now because the academy hated kids apparently. But Rowan was in another room, only connected to the other by a slant for a window. He and his cell mate could see the hole the bus had made and the four students who had been smoking for the past hour, in the room, scurried out and off into the night shouting,
"Unlucky wankers!" To Rowan and his little cell mate.

Evan, who up until this point had been drinking knock off coke in english with his friend Luke, heard the shaking and crashing of busses. He and Luke looked outside to see a bus, similar to the one he had arrived on at the start of the story, smash into the front of the academy, reverse, then smash into it again.
"That's pretty funny actually." Luke laughed.
"Who hates Richard enough to crash his party?With a bus?" Evan asked spinning in the teachers spinny chair.
"I dunno, so anyway Morgan was like-" Luke started but was interrupted for being boring.
"Lilly!" Evan shouted, shooting up and darting out of the room.

He ran out to the quad where boys with white shirts and black ties came out the busses and started throwing lit matches and twigs around the place. This didn't achieve much but at least the fire alarm went off.
"Richard!" He shouted up to the new king. But Richard ignored him. Thinking the busses were there for him, he stayed hidden on the roof with Sharon.

"Get inside boy!" Mr Carrotborne yelled unlocking his carrotshack and grabbing a hand full of carrots.
"Coward!" Evan shouted to the teacher, but Mr Carrotborne wasn't fleeing. He used the carrots as projectiles and hurled them at the boys from the busses. This didn't do much either.
Evan went to join Richard in hopes Lilly was with him.

But she wasn't. Lilly made her way up to the top of the science block with Morgan as they were together when the attack began. They ran to the top and into the room overlooking the front yard to see Mr Stu, a physics teacher, chewing on the twigs that the bus boys were throwing. They left and went to the other room.
"What's happening?" Morgan panicked.
"I don't know." Lilly said checking the other rooms and the ground outside the window for any people attacking, but it was clear. "But whatever it is, we can just stay up here. Out of harms way."