Chapter 1 | Leaving A Choir

Lilly was enduring a boring Math lesson. The teacher looked crazy and was babbling on about board games from his games club.
Luckily the bell went and Lilly wondered over to science when she noticed a bus had arrived. No busses were scheduled to arrive but this seemed wrong. It was a small Ariva bus, not a lot of people were on it but it still stopped outside the school. Lilly and a few others watched this bus to see who would come out of it when none other then Evan Stark stumbled out and held onto the green fence of the school to catch his breath. Lilly was taken back by his appearance, she took a second but ran over to the boy to see if he was okay.
"Evan? Evan?" She panted, "You're back? Are you okay? What's wrong?"
Evan just bent over with his eyes closed, his hands on his knees. His breathing grew slower and calmer now.
"Evan?" Lilly stood back, "Where have you been?"
Evan sighed and stood up,
"Ariva." He said.

A few months later. Seaborne Academy.

"Yo miss I got that usb or whatever." Evan said waltzing into graphic design. The teacher was Sharon Frasier, Lilly's mother.
"Evan!" Lilly said excitedly as he came in. 
"Very nice of you Evan, although not due in till tomorrow so why don't you hang onto to it?" Sharon said drinking coffee or whatever teachers do.
"I had a dream I was in Pirates Of The Caribbean." Lilly said going over to Evan.
"Ey, fun dream." Evan laughed.
"I'm not surprised, but I thought you'd be at the coronation." Sharon said to Evan.
"I'll see it, I'm just not his biggest fan." Evan told.
"Well Stark," Sharon added, smiling at the two kids who thought they were subtle. "I need you to go up to Mr Paddle and send him my way." She told Evan, and so he did, leaving Lilly to head for the quad.

The clocks hit midday. Someone was approaching Spring Valley. Someone on a bus.
The mini bus slogged along the motorway, up the ever winding roads of Spring Valley going a good 10 MPH as it was barely holding onto the little gas it had left. It too made its way towards the school. The boy who stood atop the bus held his head up high. His hair was curly and outwards making his heads silhouette shape like a mushroom. He wore an old white shirt and a black tie and his hair blew in the wind.
As the mini bus got to the stop outside Seaborne Academy it broke down with perfect timing and the wheels all came off and bounced into a garden of a nearby house.
The pale boy jumped down off the vehicle and strode into the academy's grounds like he owned the place.

He saw everyone gather in the quad but was stopped by two students in the same year as him, who were guarding the green fences.
"None shall pass." One student said to the other.
"Yea, none." The other added pointlessly.
"I'm no nun children but I do need to get past." The boy said looking down at the two guards.
"Sorry but none shall pass." One said, "What's your name anyway? If you were in the academy how come you're not at the coronation?"
"What coronation?" The boy asked.
"What name?" The second guard asked.
"Rowan. Rowan Aboat."
The second guard laughed at this name and the first guard nudged him.
"Ur not joking?" He asked.
"I'm afraid not, that is my actual name." Rowan told.

The coronation being held in the quad was fully organised by the students of Spring Valley. The whole of year ten and many from other years stood looking up towards a staircase leading into the gym.
"Today!" A student said over a loud speaker, "We have gathered to witness the crowning of the new king of the school. After our previous rulers, Paul Thompson, Troy-" he mumbled a last name as he couldn't recall Troy's last name, "and Evan Stark, we will be risen into an age of greatness for four more years to come! Richard Adler!!"
And Richard burst through the doors of the gym and onto the balcony.
"Hello!!! Spring Valley!!!!" He yelled jumping and dancing about. The crowd cheered for him but Lilly stood silent amongst them.

For a reason Lilly still can't remember, she and Richard ended up walking through E block.
"Won't you be missed?" Lilly said, trying to avoid being alone with this guy.
"No, it's all fine Lilly, your mother is looking after everyone, and Bill and Bruce are standing guard at the only entrance in." Richard said leading her to a staircase to the roof.
"Lilly." He said as they both sat on the roof above music, "There's something I gotta tell you."
"Oh?" Lilly slowly cranked her head towards him.
"For as long as I can remember-"
Lilly stopped listening to him. She noticed some birds in the tree behind tech block. She saw a mother bring a worm back for her baby birds to eat, she also thought it strange as it wasn't the right time of year for baby birds to be there. She thought about the amount of people in on setting her and Richard up, and how seamlessly he got her onto a roof, and even though she didn't like Richard, remotely, she'd be letting them all down by saying no. Good, she though, she didn't own anyone anything, she'd rather be hated then go out with someone she didn't want to be going out with. She looked at his face, she saw his mouth move but didn't hear his words, I guess they were just too boring. He wasn't ugly. By any means, he wasn't an ugly person. But it's strange, he doesn't look great either.
"What do you say?" Richard said and Lilly conveniently hearing the last thing he said.
"Ummmmmm..." Lilly stalled.