Chapter 7

Here's another chapter because my awesome friend Kelsey requested it :) Pour toi, Kels.

Chapter 7

“Not again,” I mumbled, balking at the entrance of the airplane, my feet itching with the need to run far, far away.

“Don’t be such a baby,” George mumbled, brushing past me and stepping onto the plane.

Quin narrowed his eyes at me as he moved behind George, not saying anything, looking completely relaxed as he walked onto the plane.

Lucas rested his hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him with a half smile on my face, glad for his understanding.

Then I saw his expression.

“What? Do you need a bonus to get on? I’ve got twenty bucks, will that help?”

“Excuse me?” I asked, understanding beginning to dawn as Lucas yanked his hand away from me and walked onto the plane.

Wes didn’t even glance at me as he followed, his shoulders stiff and his profile hard.

A bolt of anger helped propel me onto the death trap and that same bolt of anger carried me all the way to my father’s seat. He was lounging back comfortably, headphones over his ears and his eyes closed until I cleared my throat. “So,” I began, crossing my arms over my chest. “It’s safe to say our little conversation this morning wasn’t exactly private.”

He shrugged, a look of irritation crossing his face. “I mentioned it to Oscar and the twins were nearby. They may have overheard. It’s really not a big deal, Grace.”

Frustration and rage boiled in my stomach until the corners of my vision went grey. “I wasn’t expecting you to announce it to the whole world.”

“Not the whole world, you’re being dramatic. The band knows. That’s it. I didn’t intentionally tell them but they would’ve found out soon enough anyway so why don’t you calm down and take a seat?”

I let out a short laugh, turning my head to look over my seat options.

There were empty seats next to each one of the band members. I’d have to choose which one to sit next to.

“Yeah, sounds great,” I muttered, wanting to kick him in the shin.

Shake it off, Grace.

Straightening my shoulders, I headed towards Wes. “Who drew the short straw?” I asked.

He shrugged.

I sighed. “I’m going to sit here.”

Another shrug.

Rolling my eyes, I sank into the seat next to him. He shifted further towards the window so that his body was as far from mine as possible.

“Very mature,” I grumbled.

He pulled his headphones over his ears and faced the window.

I was so busy thinking about how pissed off I was that I’d forgotten I was on an airplane.

Until we started moving.

As soon as we started taxiing down the runway, my heart leapt and my hands sprung out to grip the arm rest for dear life.

I squeezed my eyes shut as we started to pick up speed, trying to think of anything else but it didn’t work. The plane took off, making my stomach drop and my head spin.

Suddenly, Wes shifted and yanked off his headphones, his dark eyes glaring into mine as he crowded my space. “You know─”

“Wes,” Quin snapped from his position across the aisle from me. “Drop it.”