c h a p t e r / e i g h t e e n

HEY BFFS :D

thank u sSSSOOO much for 18k reads on the story that's genuinely insane :0 i adore each and every one of u so much

N E WAYYY this is a fun one lolz i hope u enjoy it & i'll see y'all in the comments !!

ENJOYYYY -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

"No, seriously! I begged dad to let me bring him to like, show and tell or some shit, but he said no, so I brought my backpack to the beach and tried to smuggle him in."

"If it was literally anyone else telling me this story, I would not believe them." JJ tells me with a giggle as I finish my story about how I tried to bring Larry the seagull to school in the first grade. I return the laugh as we walk up the porch steps to the house and head inside.

JJ flicks on the lights and I go straight to the kitchen cabinets, grabbing our two favorite mugs and placing them on the counter for hot chocolate later. "I wonder if he's still there."

"Or maybe his ghost is there or something, like, haunting that tree you said he liked." He wiggles his fingers in front of my face and makes some funny ghost sound effects, dropping his backpack next to the mugs. I grab my camera and sunglasses from the bag and tell JJ to 'look what I did!' as I turn the camera on and click to see the photos. I look up at him when the photo I took of him earlier shows up on the screen, and his cheeks turn a bright shade of pink at the sight of himself. Either he knows he looks good in that picture, or he doesn't think navy blue is his color.

"Oh, stop it. You look cute." I can't help but laugh at the boy's reaction as I lean up and leave a short kiss on his cheek. "I'm gonna go change. Meet me in a sec, okay?"

When I get to my bedroom, I change quickly into a pair of pink and white striped pajama shorts that absolutely do not match my yellow hoodie. I redo my braid and put my hood on, grabbing my movie box from my closet. Not even a second later, I hear a quiet knock on my door as a blond head of hair peeks in. "Knock knock,"

"Enter at your own risk! It's movie decision time."

JJ comes in and sits on my bed next to me as I flip through the movies in the cardboard box that we've already seen a million and one times, but we never seem to get bored of as long as we're watching them together. I look up at him after realizing that we've been silent for a few minutes, and I'm met with his adorable smiling face that seems to light up even more when our eyes meet. "What?" I ask him with my own suspicious grin.

The boy only shakes his head and replies with a dismissive 'nothing'.

"Come on, what is it? Do I have something on my face? In my hair?" My sarcastic tone makes the two of us break into laughter, and I continue searching for tonight's movie so as not to pressure him into saying anything.

"No, no, it's nothing. You just-" I hear him swallow before he speaks again. "You look pretty."

My head snaps up from the box at his words, and I feel a huge grin appear on my face. I can't help but bury my face in my hands in an attempt to hide my smiles and giggles, but my disguise is no match for the swam of butterflies that I feel rushing through my body. JJ laughs at my giddiness and I look back up at him with flushed cheeks, letting his words get the best of me as I lean towards him and wrap my arms around his neck, causing the two of us to fall back on my bed in another fit of laughter.

With JJ's hands securely on my back, I put both of mine on the sides of his face and mirror his smile. "Thanks," I tell him quietly, knowing that my voice would crack with nerves if I spoke any louder. After planting a short kiss on his lips, I roll myself off him so that we're laying on our backs next to each other now.