c h a p t e r / f i v e

we're back!!!! thank y'all so much for all the love on chapter four and over 2k views on the story!!!! i truly appreciate it so much. i love writing this book & i'm glad y'all love reading it :D

this chapter's an interesting one for both my jj-bri and kiara-bri people ;)) (someone help with ship names!)

i know y'all said you like long chapters, so here's a super long one for youuuu! i hope it's not too long though, so let me know if it is!!! c u in the comments :pp

ENJOYYYYYYY -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

j j

"You good, J?" Kie asks me, leaning out in front of John B to look at me, but I don't lift my head up or look back at her to respond. I've been quiet since I got here, feeling like it's best for me to just keep my mouth shut after yesterday. And after what happened earlier today.

I was totally such an asshole to Brielle yesterday, and I literally just didn't want to show up today. I mean she's like, insanely hot, so I guess I just let my ego get in the way of making a good first impression. And not only that, but I'm double fucked cause I guess she's like, part of our group now, and she definitely saw me smile when everyone welcomed her in. That sucks, cause she most definitely hates my guts, and before everything went to shit yesterday I thought having another girl to hang around with might be cool. I still think that would be cool, but now the chances of me being able to make up for my behavior towards Brielle seem very low. Damn.

"Yeah," I finally answer Kie's question after who knows how long. "I'm good." Liar. Everyone else starts a new conversation about the superior milkshake flavor that I immediately tune out. Strawberry, by the way.

The whole thing with Brielle is bad enough, and that's partly why I stayed at the beach for so long today. But, I just couldn't bring myself to show up to The Wreck after I left my dad's house.

I stopped at dad's just to grab some wax for my surfboard, but I ended up with a bloody lip and some bruised knuckles when I left. I made some stupid ass comment to him about the insane amount of alcohol cluttering up the house after I couldn't find the wax. That was a fucking mistake. He totally let loose on me after this and I don't remember exactly what was said, but I definitely heard something along the lines of 'you're never fucking here, so you have no goddamn room to speak about my house'. The reason I'm never there is because of incidents like this that happen every time I see my dad, without fail.

'I don't know who the hell you think you are, walking into this house thinking you can take whatever you goddamn please'. I just went to pick up my wax that I forgot there after I bought it. I was just gonna get out after I grabbed the wax, but I guess dad had other plans. Also, it's technically my house too still, but I'm not safe when I stay there, so I crash at John B's most nights.

I remember him grabbing the back of my neck and shaking his finger in my face. 'You're lucky I don't knock every single one of them crooked ass teeth out of your mouth right now, son, you hear me?' I hear you, dad. At least I got away with all of my teeth. They wouldn't be crooked if you gave two shits about braces when I was younger. If you gave two shits about anything, for that matter.

I tried to say as few words as possible after I gave my two cents on how messy the house is. I would come back and clean everything up for dad, but like I said, I'm just not safe when I go there and I'm much better off leaving him in his mess and staying somewhere else. He just kept coming at me with punches no matter how many times I tried to use my words to get through to him, and that's how I got the lip and the knuckles. I finally got out when he tripped over a shit ton of empty cans on the floor as he tried to take the fight outside.