68

The West field was a havoc but it was the one they chose. The east field needed men to be deployed to help the 50th quad, but the west it was. Men were dying but there were more rattlers in the West field 03.
It was time to head out.
"Go Go Go! Time waits for no-one people!" Ben shouted. The men lined up.
Harper headed his men in order, the 68th quad. Erinide ran across the core toward Ben, asking him to join the rush. Ben nodded toward the 62nd quad and she ran happily toward them. Sneers were in play but she didn't care. Some of them welcomed her.
Harper was agitated. He brought her in. Erinide was fresh bait still. She wasn't ready, however dark her past was it wasn't enough to be ready for the field. He turned away. But he kept an eye on her.
They all headed out to the west field 03.

It was a mess.

The rattlers came and "there were not enough men on the east field" was right. You could see about no rattler there from the distance. No rattler meant no one was left alive. The 50th quad was gone or luckily in hiding. But that was a long shot. The rattlers wanted blood and it was searching for more.
He deployed his men in formation and hit the center rattler. It's claws reached for them vicariously, as they propelled with their boosters at the last second. The rattlers weren't that fast, but they were durable, and in numbers they were extremely difficult.
Harper knew that the rattler was busy and he took the chance to run across the barrack to Erinide. His palms sweated, he had never been so rash when it came to the rattlers, especially when they had just included the earth in their reign of terror, or rain of "blood". It finally decided to take earth on once the D.E.U had fallen. But they had time to prepare.
His rash decision was well thought out though. The rattlers were preoccupied and when they are, they're concentrating hard. Only Erinide would make him rash. She was good but not that good. She reminded him of himself when he started training. Natural talent, oblivious, maybe ignorant of reality, a little arrogant perhaps.
Erinide scoffed and yelled
"Can't handle leaving me alone! " her voice reached, barely making it over the rattlers constant buzz.
" You're bleeding! Head back to HQ !" she looked at her wound. It fell across her collarbone and to the top of her shoulder. She ignored him and ran off in the other direction, smiling and taking cover.
"Erinide!" he screamed and she didn't hear him. He'll have to talk some sense to Ben, he's crazy for letting her out here.