Month Three (3)

Ender laughed as the others groaned at their father's words. Hana, George, and Thana went to sit on the ground. The floor had a comfortable, fluffy rug on it, so they did not have a problem.

The father gave Ender a look that said, 'see,' before walking over to the new spot, sitting down.

Nevan awkwardly stood near Ender, not knowing where he should sit. But Ender grabbed his hand, pulling him down, "Sit down."

Once Nevan sat next to Ender, he could feel the stare of wolves latching on their prey. Nevan internally cursed because Ender was not making it easy for him.

And when he tried to get up, Ender tightly held his hand, making him stay.

The father's eyes narrowed at their hands. Nevan moved his away while Ender did not notice how the atmosphere in the room changed.

"So, Nevan, right?" Kay started. Liam was showing her something on a tablet as they strolled through the information.

Nevan nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

Kay looked at him with no expression, "Ma'am? How polite of you. Your background is not bad: a DBA (Doctor of Business Administration) degree at 20 and a Bachelor's degree in architecture at 22, impressive. I can see that you are an ambitious person, owning seven companies while trying to buy out more.

"Polite, ambitious, and successful. But tell me, Nevan, what are your intentions with my little brother? And do be honest, I have a problem with liars."

Ender covered his face with his hand, sighing. The room laid quiet as no one stopped Kay's interrogation as they also wanted to hear what Nevan had to say.

Nevan was nervous. He couldn't be utterly truthful because if he were, the night would take a terrible turn. And it was only the first night here.

He thought quickly, "I am not here to take advantage of Ender or do any harm to him. I care for him a lot, and I only want what's best for him. I swear and promise that I would never hurt your little brother.

"And if I do, I will allow you to do whatever you want to me without struggle."

Ender looked at Nevan with surprise, filling his heart pound. He covered the blush appearing on his face as he glanced away, trying to calm his stupid racing heart. Ender felt like Nevan was too sweet and caring.

Then he felt his stomach drop a bit at how Nevan has been too caring.

Ender is not dumb. He may be dense at times and clueless because he loves to deny the picture in front of him. But, when he wanted to, Ender could be sharp on some things.

And his gut and mind, looking back to their interactions since he became pregnant, is telling him that Nevan knows.

Ender did not know if the nauseous feeling came from the realization or the babies in his stomach. All he knew is that he felt sick.

Kay hummed as the atmosphere lightened a bit, "We will see. And do not back down from those words. Verbal words can also be binding."

"I won't," Nevan replied.

"Good. Because I already recorded them." Liam spoke this time, looking at Nevan with eyes that left no room for argument. Liam closed what he and Kay looked at on the tablet before handing it to George.

Before anyone else could speak, Yan jumped in first. "I have some questions for you," Yan told Nevan.

"I don't mind answering them," Nevan responded.

"Good."

Ender started to block out everyone around him when Yan began asking questions. His mind kept going over if Nevan knew.