Month Two (2)

Ender and Nevan walked to the nurse, going in as Ender moved slower than usual. The nurse closed the door behind them. "Can you step on the scale?" The nurse started, pointing to the scale by the wall.

Nodding, Ender walked on the scale, not paying attention to his number as the nurse wrote down his weight. She also checked his height that was a part of the scale.

"Okay, you can step down. Now, if you can follow me." She told them as she started walking.

Nevan and Ender followed her to an open room with a number four on it. When they walked in, Nevan took a seat in one of the chairs while Ender sat on the bed.

Ender looked around at the equipment with a nervous expression as the nurse picked up a sphygmomanometer (blood pressure monitor). She walked towards Ender, asking, "Can you roll up your sleeve so that I can check your blood pressure?"

Grabbing his right sleeve, Ender rolled it up. The nurse wrapped it around his arm, turning it on as the thing on his arm started to tighten. After a second-long, it released, beeping as a number appeared.

The nurse stared at the number with a hum as it was a bit high. But looking back up at Ender, she could understand why. She did not say anything as she took the sphygmomanometer off. Putting it up, she went to her clipboard, writing down the information.

Ender watched the nurse, tapping his fingers on the bed as he lightly swung his legs.

"Do you have anything to tell the doctor?" The nurse suddenly asked.

"No," Ender answered as he looked at his swinging legs.

"Okay, before I go, I need to know if you have a full bladder since you are getting an ultrasound today." The nurse continued.

The whole time Ender has been worrying about if he was going to have more than one baby. So, he forgot the other problem he pushed back when he left his house. He had to pee.

Nevan told him when he woke him up that Ender cannot use the restroom yet since the doctor wants him to have a full bladder. Ender was not happy about it, but he forgot when he started to worry over other things.

Now that the nurse mentioned it, it hit him again. Ender had to pee!

He closed his legs as he felt the fullness of his bladder. "I do" Ender answered, shaking his legs harder than before.

"Okay" The nurse walked towards the door, "The doctor will be in soon." She opened the door, stepping out as she closed it behind her.

"Nevan," Ender called once the nurse left.

"If you are calling me to say you want to use the restroom, my response will be the same," Nevan answered, staring at Ender's shaking legs.

Ender sighed, feeling like his bladder wanted to explode. He hated that the nurse reminded him. "I am going to pee on myself; I just know it."

"Can you wait until after the ultrasound to pee on yourself?"

"No."

Nevan sighed, standing up as he walked over to Ender. He sat down next to Ender, sticking out his hand. Ender's heart raced as he looked at Nevan with questioning eyes.