▪︎ Seven ▪︎

When Sarah heard her sister arguing with Caleb, she quickly opened a small cupboard that lead into the food cellar. She quietly walked further in listening to their voices before bumping into a pigs head.

She tried to find many ways out before noticing a small flame light. She crawls towards it only to find a stone like room. Grabbing a unlit torch stick before holding it over the small flame.

Around the flame was some type of craved out stone that held a dark substance as well as the head of a dead goat. Sarah crouches down before dipping her fingers into the dark substance before pulling them out in shock. It was blood.

She then looks over at a small book. It was the same book she saw at the widows hut. It was opened on a page that shocked her beyond her worse nightmares.

It was devil worshipping. The title reading : A simple exchange.

Looking up she sees her sisters beloved climbing under the small opening, staring directly at her. She stands up in shock, staring at him in disbelief.

"You!" She whispers her lips quivering in absolute fear "It's you."

"I'm still me." his voice sounded proud, almost happy even. "I've always been me. Only I've grown tired of watching fortune turn a blind eye to me."

"How could you?" She walked away from him as he began walking closer.

"How could i what? Take what we all want?" He stares at her grudgingly, his anger and jealousy building up slightly. "What we all came here for? Power, prosperity, legacy."

She watches him in disgust as he continues speaking. "Consider Sarah. A single soul." He walks over to the stone wall beside him, pointing to a name. "Just one."

"Pastor Miller."

"And in return what no amount of praying could ever bring." Unknown to the pair of them, near them Selena was feeling famished so she enters the food cellar, upon entering she sat down eating some apple pie that was left over. She sat there oblivious to what was happening.

"One person every few years seems a small price to pay."

"One person? The Pastor slew twelve children. Selena and I's brother. Innocents." At the mention of her name Solomon grew angrier.

"Innocents. Who's innocent beside my love?" He stares at her in frustration as she stares at him, her eyes so much like the girl he loved. "Your neighbours hunt you, forsake you, curse your name!"

"Everywhere is ignorance! Dread. Yet you resign yourself to it!" He points at her angrily. "They're afraid because they know you're different. And you are." He walks towards her backing her into the stone wall making her drop the torch in shock.

"You are someone who refuses to settle for the rules of these dogmatists, who seeks more from the world not for just yourself but for your beautiful sister." He grabs a hold of his sister in laws shoulders staring at her with honest eyes.

"You want whats best for Selena. You are like me." She nods at him tears dripping.

"You're right. I want what is best for my sister." She grips onto her sisters knife before plunging it into his side. "But i will never be like you. And i will make sure my sister sees what kind of monster you truly are."

She pulls the knife out of him as he stares up at her in shock before she attempts to rush away only to be held by him as he swings a rock into her head.

The small echoed screams of Sarah leave the small crawl space making Selena frown in confusion. She hears her name being screamed before following the small light that she hadn't noticed before.