• Ten •

The five friends began walking towards the police station when the sound of tyres skidding, turned their attention behind them.

The sound of Bon Jovi's dead or alive hit their ears as the girl in the black Chevy Camaro came to a stop.

They watched as the girl put on a pair of sunglasses before stepping out of her car.

She walked, well hobbled towards them holding onto her side. Her face luckily not puffy yet nor did she have any tear marks.

"Hey." She smiled at them as bright as she could. They all greet her back with smiles or smirks in JJs case. "Have you guys gone in?"

"Not yet. We were waiting for you." Rie walked to the girl before wrapping her arm around Josies shoulder, no one noticing her flinch.

"How your side?" She smirks at Josh before replying "hurts like a bitch but because jj left me a little present, I feel slightly better." A lie she hadn't even opened the bottle.

They walk into police station before being seated. One by one they were being questioned by the sheriff.

Josie sat next to Martin, a man who she had met a few times when she had to pick her mother up. He was also a smoking buddy besides jj.

"So Marty. What did they get you for this time?" Josie questioned with raised brows, a small smirk on her lips. "I don't know man. They think I tagged my job."

"Assholes." They nod at each other. "What about you and all your little friends?" She pauses before staring at him with a cheeky smile.

"We got.." she was cut off by Nick who glared at Martin who was sat a little too close.

"Miss Montgomery. Your turn." She fist bumps Martin who smiles at her before leaning into the chair once more as the sheriff stares at him with angry eyes. Her remaining friends giving him glares knowing the truth about the two, which they found pretty repulsive.

Nick closes the door behind them before pulling out the chair for her. She sat down not being look at him in the eyes. Not with the news she had for him.

"Now miss Montgomery." He presses record on the little recorder. "Can you please tell me what happened last night."

She goes into detail, everything the group had planned out. Her eyes were dead that was very clear.

"How did you get that wound on your side?" He questioned with narrowed eyes, he knew that she along with the group weren't telling him the truth or at least the whole truth.

"Oh i slipped over. Fell onto a piece of metal or glass." She shrugged her shoulders still not looking at his face. "Can't really remember. I passed out."

"You had to 34 stitches." She nods at his words with wobbly lip.

"I'll tell you what the facts tell me." She finally stares at his face as he explains. "The junkies."

"Kate and Simon weren't junkies. Trust me." Josie scoffs leaning back into her chair with crossed arms. If anything she and jj were junkies. "They were my closes friends. My family."

"Well they are to blame. Seems a bit too easy for me." He stares at Josie with soft eyes. "It's what this department will go with, if you can't help me see it differently."

"Another Shadyside tragedy." Josie whispers as a tear falls down her face remembering all the great times with her friends.

"A boy who would stop at nothing to make you smile everyday, even when you felt like the world was over. Someone who had worked since he was fifteen to help out his parents pay the bills." She wipes the tear that had fallen.