▪︎ Eight ▪︎

Deena finally woke from the memory gasping in realisation. From the truth.

She quickly wiped her nose that was pouring with blood, before looking down in sadness.

"I'm so sorry Sarah." In the distance she could hear the sound if sirens coming closer.

As Josh and Josie sat leaning on Deenas car waiting anxiously as the time began to pass by even slower.

"I'm gonna go and check on her." Josie finally spoke up, wincing as she stood straight.

"You can't. You already lost a lot of blood. You can't keep thinking about yourself. You have a baby to take care of now."

They go and sit on the hood of the car talking and looking into the woods to see if there was any sign of deena.

Blinding lights hit their eyes making them shield them with their arms. The siren was louder than it seemed. The lights dimm and the person walking in their direction is someone who didn't seem to get the hint.

Nick.

Josie leans against Josh, oh how embarrassing. Nick looks at the pair with curious eyes shining his flash light on them before speaking.

"What are you guys doing out here?"

"Question is what are you doing out here Nick?" He rolls his eyes at her reply but as he goes to speak Deena comes out of the woods screaming like a mad women.

Nick watches as Deena pulls Josie off of the car, her face scrunched up in pain as she was pulled away. Pulling out his gun, pointing it at Deena's retreating figure.

"What the hell Deena!" Deena quickly places her hand onto her friends mouth as she shoves them behind a tree.

"It's him." The sound of nicks voice echos near them as they stare at her in confusion.

"Josie." Deena quietly speaks to them so he couldn't hear them. Nick keeps calling out to Josie, the fear in his voice.

"Josie, whatever is going on with her isn't safe for the baby." Josie looks at Deena who stares at her in sadness.

"Goode is Evil!"

Josie and Josh stare at her in shock before rushing away as quietly as they could. Josie rushes towards nicks cop car before sitting in the back.

Her side wasn't burning or bleeding anymore but her heart. It felt as if it were being stabbed over and over.

Deena jumps in the driver seat before zooming off.

"I was back in time. I was Sarah fier and Sarah Fier was innocent. She isn't turning people in shadyside into killers." She explained to them who stared at her in disbelief. "She wasn't a witch."

Over the radio, they could hear that their was now a warrant out for their arrest.

"Solomon Goode."

"Who?" The two j's asked in unison, both of them confused as shit.

"Sheriff Goode's pilgrim ancestor made a deal with the devil and framed Sarah to cover his own puritan ass."

Deena speeds through a red light ignoring it as she spoke explaining everything.

"The Goode's they're trading us. People from shadyside." Josie leans back in shock as her friend continued "Goode gives a name to the devil. The devil takes over that person then that person kills and murders and the devil feeds on the blood of dead shadysiders."

"And Goode get whatever he wants. He becomes the sheriff. His brother becomes mayor." Deena looks in the mirror to see Josie tear up. "All of Sunnyvale gets better and better."

"Shadyside doesn't." Josie wipes the fallen tears listening to the siblings speak. "That's why he wanted me to become a sunnyvaler so bad." She whispered to herself. 

"And the Goode's do again and again. One Goode from every generation passing down the evil."

Deena lists every Goode who carried on the madness. "So Sarah fier..."

"He framed her. She was the only one who knew he truth until us."

"So all the killers came after us to cover it."

"Yes to protect Goode's deal with the devil."

Josie finally spoke her eyes now dried. "But if they know that we know the truth doesn't that mean every single one of those killers will come after us."

Deena nods before muttering out "which is why we have to kill nick."

They make it back to Ziggy's house before the two siblings rush inside with Josie slowly trailing in behind them.

"Wheres jo..." JJ stopped asking his question seeing the girl walk in the door. Her eyes tearing up the second she sees his face.

"Josie what's wrong." She rushes towards him hugging him tightly, her tears now soaking his shirt.

Deena explains to the group the real truth behind it but when JJ questions her about Josie's involvement she stumbles over her words.

"The reason you look so much like Eli is because you both were reincarnated from Selena fier, Sarah's younger twin sister."

They all stare at Deena in disbelief. "Solomon Goode and Selena Fier were lovers. He loved her too much that when Sarah accidentally killed her, he tried to make another deal with the devil only to be screwed over because of how innocent she was. How he had framed her sister."

Josie felt like her head was about to explode. "The reason why Eli was killed despite being a sunnyvaler wasn't because she had Ziggy's blood on her it was because the devil made sure that every time she got involved with a Goode. That life would die."

"So I'm meant to die?" Josie questions her. Deena nods her head. "Is there a way for me to survive?"

"I have no idea." Josie purses her lips trying to to cry again before nodding, as if she was accepting it.

"There has to be a way to break that fucking cycle. I mean come on jo." Jj grabs a hold of her shoulder before seeing the sad look in her eyes. A defeated look. 

"No fucking way jo."

"But..." JJ screams at her stopping her from speaking. They were all too stunned to speak. 

"No fucking way Josette. I'm not going to allow you to just give up on your life. On your child. You're going to break that fucked up cycle."

"Okay."

"To Breaking the Chain." JJ held a bottle of whiskey in the air before shooting it back. Josie smiles at him. At least he was hopeful enough at least more than her.

"But what about Nick. Surely he know that we know."

"I'm so sorry." The group of teens minus JJ and Rie stare at her in confusion. "I called him. I thought he could help."

Well Fuck!