40| Epilogue 2

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue 2

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Epilogue 2: (Michael's POV)

Two years later...

"Daddy!" 

My eyes snapped open as I turned to look at Leo. 

Amelia looked at him as well, putting a finger to her lips quickly. "Shh, shh, shh!" she whispered, catching him as he ran over from the pool, his arm floats still secured onto him. 

Emma stirred on my chest, her pacifier moving between her lips. I patted her back gently, turning to look at Leo as Amelia pulled him down into her lap. 

"No yelling, Leo," Amelia whispered in his ear, grabbing a towel and putting it around him, ruffling his hair dry. "Emma's sleeping." 

"On daddy?" he asked in a hushed voice, looking over at me and where Emma lay on my chest. 

I nodded slowly. 

"There's a crocky in the pool," he hissed, turning to Amelia. 

Amelia frowned in confusion, looking at me. "What?" she laughed quietly, rocking him back and forth in her lap. "What are you talking about, sweetheart?" 

He shot up, throwing the towel to the side. I picked it up, draping it on the arm of my sunlounger. "Come on, mommy, hurry!" He grabbed Amelia's hand, using all his strength but still failing to pull her to her feet. 

"Okay, okay." She stood up, leaning in to fix Emma's hair and peck my lips before Leo tugged harder at her. She jogged a little in her sundress and walked with Leo over to the pool right in front of us. 

I could see from here as our three-year-old little boy jumped, pointing to a crocodile floatie that was never here. I stood up, adjusting Emma and placing her head on my shoulder gently before walking over to them. I rolled my eyes, looking at the backyard entrance. "You can come out, Vince," I sighed. 

He strolled in, holding another giant dolphin floatie. He waved, tossing the floatie in the pool. 

"Uncle Vince!" Leo yelled, letting go of his mother's hand and running to Vince, squealing. 

Vince laughed, scooping him up. "Hey," he laughed, ruffling Leo's damp hair. "Do you like your new floaties? I heard the old ones popped." 

Leo nodded. 

"Who popped them, Leo?" Vince asked. 

"Me," Leo laughed, scratching his head. 

"Bad boy," Vince scolded playfully and then swung him towards the pool, counting down from three and then slowly dropping him in the water, his arm floats still secured. He then walked over to us. "Hello, neighbors," he mumbled, giving Amelia a quick side hug and then me before poking Emma's cheek. 

"Hello, neighbor. Stop spoiling my son," Amelia sang and then smiled. 

"No, Amelia," Vince said mockingly. 

"You want to know what I think?" I asked. 

"No," Vince shook his head. 

"I think you should have your own kids and spoil them instead of mine. Leo expects gifts every time you come over." 

He frowned in confusion. "I come over every day." 

"Exactly," Amelia hissed. 

"Oh, shut up," Vince scoffed at us. "You have a cute kid, I'm his uncle."