32| Drive

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Drive

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 32: Drive (Michael's POV)

She walked out of the bathroom, wearing one of my white button-ups while she pulled her back into a low bun, a few pieces falling out and framing her face. She stopped at the nightstand and sat down, her back facing me while she went through her phone. 

I scooted closer, grabbing the back of the shirt and pulling her to lie down. 

She lay down, her head on my thigh as she held her phone above her face. "Morning practice is canceled tomorrow," she said, putting the phone down and looking at me. "Coach Peters and James are attending an interview for the team with a sports magazine, so we don't have to go tomorrow morning. Evening practice is still on though." 

I held her chin between my fingers before lightly moving my fingers across her neck. She pulled my hand down, getting ticklish. I smiled, looking down at her while holding my head in my hand, elbow propped up as I watched her. "That means I'm free tomorrow until six o'clock, right?" 

She nodded, staring up at me. 

"Do you want to go somewhere then? Since we can sleep in tomorrow?" 

"Where do you want to go?" she chuckled. 

I shrugged softly. "Nowhere. For a drive, maybe?" 

"For a drive?" She watched me in amusement. 

I nodded. 

"Okay," she agreed, sitting up and turning to me, kneeling on the bed. "Okay, let's go for a drive. You have to lend me some pants." 

I frowned in confusion. 

She laughed dryly, rolling her eyes, "You see, a certain somebody thought it would be a good idea to tear my dress, so I can't wear that now, can I? I'll wear the shirt I'm wearing now, just give me pants." 

"My pants will fall right off you." I sat up and walked to the closet. "But let's see," I sighed, scanning all the bottoms here. I stood there, still looking around when she came in, standing behind me and putting her arms around me from behind. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the front. 

She kept her back to me and looked through the clothes while I put my arms around her waist, resting my chin on the top of her head. She pulled out a pair of sweatpants. "Hmm? It has drawstrings." 

"Try," I said, taking a step back. 

She slipped them on and tied the drawstrings as tightly as she could but even then they ran past her feet. I chuckled. She hitched the waistband up higher and folded it so it was a bit better. "There we go," she mumbled, looking at me, grinning. I tried holding back a laugh but wound up snorting instead. She glared at me and I shook my head, biting back a smile, and hugged her. "What?" she asked, resting her chin on my chest. 

"Nothing. Nothing, you look adorable," I said, looking down at her. 

"Get dressed and then let's go," she said, going on her toes.