Chapter 5

Alex sat and talked to Damon, Elena, and Bonnie about everything she knew and at that moment, she didn't care that they knew. Because of what happened, she somehow trusted them enough to be honest with them, but she knew she was far from safe.

She told them about her family: how Elias killed them and only did it because of some powers that he said she was supposed to possess. She told them about Sam and Dean and how they practically saved her from herself after everything happened; they taught her everything she knew. They seemed really surprised that demons were real, but after what they'd seen, they didn't have much trouble believing her. What she didn't tell them was what she saw when she was passed out on the floor in the kitchen.

"So, you've never done that before?" Elena asked. They'd moved from the living room to the dining room, talking over plates of sandwiches Elena and Bonnie made.

"No, but I've seen Sam and Dean do it countless times. I was always the one to distract or even act as bait a few times, which nearly got me killed, but the satisfaction in the end was unbeatable," Alex said. It was silent; Alex looked up to see Damon avoiding her gaze and Elena's brows high on her face.

"Sorry," Alex said, nibbling on the corner of her sandwich. Damon and Elena both waved her off, thankfully. Alex let out a breath. Her mind flickered over the events that happened while she was unconscious: the man with bright green eyes and blonde hair, coming to give her a message she wasn't ready to share.

"Thank you again, Alex," Bonnie said with sincerity in her eyes, hoping Alex would see and know she meant it and owed her life to her. "I don't care if you've been hunting vampires for the last year, even though my best friend is one, but I trust you and I hope you can trust us too."

Elena raised an eyebrow and let it fall but nodded at Alex and Damon nodded at her as well, feeling more emotions than he'd felt in a long time.

"Thank you. I do somewhat trust you guys, or I wouldn't have been so honest, but the rest will take time," she said, looking at Damon more than anyone.

The room's awkward silence was broken by footsteps coming down the stairs. They all turned to see a boy with shaggy hair and a goofy grin as he saw them at the table, "Hey guys. Save any for me?"

The boy sat beside Bonnie and kissed her forehead, making the little witch blush. Alex unwillingly smiled, which Damon saw, making the corner of his mouth lift slightly.

"Alex, this is my brother Jeremy," Elena said, glancing between the girl and her brother. Jeremy looked at Alex and smiled, holding his hand over the table for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you," he said as Alex shook his hand. "You Damon's new girlfriend?"

Alex nearly choked on air and Damon's hands started sweating immediately, but neither of them responded. Instead, Elena spoke up.

"We found Alex in the woods, nearly drained of blood and the rest Bonnie can tell you the rest," Elena smiled, eyeing Damon, knowing his emotions were getting the best of him for a girl he doesn't know and who probably hates him based on her vampire-killing stories.

"Oh nice," Jeremy said awkwardly, making two vampires, his girlfriend, and a lost and found chick laugh at his shock.

—————

Alex had been brought to her room with a fluttering in her stomach, not from being around Damon; she was more afraid of herself being comfortable around them. Maybe a little of it was because of Damon.

With the room silent and dark and the covers warm, Alex laid in the bed, thinking about the man in her dream slash whatever it actually was. The man with green eyes and bright hair, sending her a message from—no it couldn't be. It's not real.

She pushed herself from the warmth of the bed toward the window to see that it was raining. It was so silent in the house; she couldn't hear anything until she opened the window. Chills went down her spine as she held her hand out into the rain, falling like ice on her skin. The moment was then ruined by the sound of the lock on the door and it's opening. She whipped around to see Damon leaning through the door.

"Where you going?" He asked in a skeptical tone, not wanting to distrust her. He looked her up and down, seeing she was in her underwear, fighting his urge to either bite her or kiss her.

"Seriously?" She questioned, holding herself to seem more covered up. He came all the way into the room, showing him shirtless and in his boxers. She looked away, feeling more of that nervous feeling in her gut.

"I can't sleep," she said quietly, turning back around to look out the window. She would give anything to run in the rain.

"Well, maybe if you spent more time in the warm bed instead of standing in front of an open window, you might be sleepier," he said with a playful voice.

"Don't," she said, gripping the window seal. She had a lot on her mind already and she could feel the overstimulation getting more intense.

"Wanna talk about it?" He inquired, moving closer to her but no further than the corner of the bed.

She turned back to face him again, unsure of what to think about him being so comfortable around her. Maybe she could trust him with what she saw, but she didn't even understand what she saw herself.

"Not sure if you'd believe me," she said, moving toward the bed to rid herself of goosebumps. Damon moved around the bed post and sat at the end of the bed, watching her closely as her dark brown hair fell over her nearly bare shoulders.

"Try me," Damon said, gesturing to himself. He's a vampire; what could possibly be more unbelievable.

"When I was unconscious after casting out the demon," she began, watching Damon's eyes move and react to her wording. "I saw something, someone."

"Who?" He asked, hanging on to every word.

"A man. He called himself Gabriel," she said. "He said he was an angel."