☁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

"So what are we doing today?"

I asked, my eyes beamed with curiosity. Aidan hummed, thinking of something for us to do, I stared at him, taking in his features as his eyes slightly furrowed, a tiny smile was plastered on my face. Some how I knew, this is where I belong. This is what love feels like. Aidan is the man I'd spend my live with. . .

14 February 2028

The wind chimes sang as the wind blew through them, I stared outside the window, admiring the peaceful Monday, a low sign escaped my lips. My eyes glistened when scrubbing the last remaining filth off a plate, placing it in the drying rack then walking over to the counter, grabbing a cloth to dry my hands. Today felt different, important even. But why ? It was just a normal Monday, Aidan had left earlier this day without explaining why, he went out with such a haste I had come to wonder if I said something wrong.

I peaked down at my fingers before I swiftly walked over to the calendar that was stuck to the fridge, skimming the dates until it landed on the day that wasn't crossed out. February 14th. I audibly gasped, clasping a hand over my mouth as realization hit me, help me world, for I am a fucking idiot. . .

A GIFT.

That's what he's getting right? I should get one too! Be a good girlfriend, Y/N. . . I scrambled to our room, searching through my closet as quickly as I can to find my prettiest dress. After throwing it on I ran to my shoes and went to get myself ready, running down the stairs afterwards to the kitchen. I have a plan.

I'd bake him a cake, he loves my cakes! I'm just trying reassure myself everything is fine at this point.

I look over to the clock placed on the wall, it read 5:08 pm, how did it get so late? A silent sigh escaped my mouth as I put the last pieces of freshly cut strawberries on the cake. Smiling in satisfaction at my own work. Just then the front door opened, my eyes widened as I scrambled to clean up, quickly placing the used bowls and utensils in the sink as I dusted off my dress.

I looked up to my dress, my eyes meeting his, he gave me a crooked smile. I looked over at his body, seeing his neat suit as he held a bouquet of flowers; a mix of lilies, roses, mums and some I didn't recognize. I walked over to him, engulfing him in a big tight hug he quickly returned, kissing my neck as he parted.

His eyes darted the area, landing on the cake. He pushed me away slightly as he walked over to the counter, taking in the cake, "Did you bake this for me, love?" he asked, smile plastered on his face. I walked to his side, "Did you buy those flowers for me, dear?" I asked, mimicking him.

"Yes, I did actually. Do you like them?" he chuckled as he handed me the bouquet, I brought it to my nose, blissful smells filled my nose. He grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes, "Bring the cake, I want to take you somewhere."

A giggle escaped my lips as I stared out the window, taking in the sight of a beautiful field filled with all konds of flowers. Aidan stopped the car as he got out, walking over to my side to open the car door at my side, "Come on." he coed while offering his hand. I grabbed it gently and he pulled me out, letting go to walk behind the car. I stared with the cake in hand.

He came around the corner, back into my sights, he held a basket and his smile beamed brightly. I smiled back as he lead me into the fields, us setting down by a dry patch of grass near a pond with a few ducks around.

He placed down a blanket, "I didn't know you're this romantic." I spoke, laughing softly, he just hummed and sat down, I copied his actions and sat down next to him.

He pulled out a loaf of bread from the basket, breaking it in half and hiving me the other piece, we fed the ducks quietly while taking in the few. "Today is a special day." Aidan spoke, I looked at him slightly, thinking of what he could've meant by that, surely it was just like every other day. Didn't matter if it was valentines day, it would still pass.

Aidan's body stiffened, which was odd, was he uncomfortable? My hand instantly shot to his knee, resting it there, "Are you okay?" he avoided eye contact which made me very nervous, "Um. . . I'm just. . . Nervous of what I'm about to do. . ." my brows furrowed, retracting my hand, was Aidan going to break up with me?

On all days why Valentines day too?

He stood up, I looked at him, scared and guilty. Did I do something wrong, upset him, offend him some how?

He searched his pockets, Oh God is he pullong out a gun? My eyes widened before he pulled out a small velvet box, I audibly gasped as I finally realized what was happening.

He cleared his throat and his eyes roamed around before finding mine and keeping them there, he faced me on one knee. Slowly presenting the small boxes' contents, "Y/N. . . Will yo-" "Yes, Yes Aidan! I will marry you!" I screamed in excitement, tackling Aidan in a hug, he fell on his back and we both laughed together.

I'm going to be a bride.

A/N : And that's it! Thats a wrap, this story is done, whoo hoo! If you're reading I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you made it this far, please leave a follow and check my other books out, maybe you'll find something new?!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 [ 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ] 🎉