Chapter 8

Morning arrives, and birds chirping outside can be heard in Shoyo's room. I slowly open my eyes and stare at the ceiling, still half asleep. I turn my head towards Shoyo's bed and see him sleeping soundly. His light and calm breathing can be heard from here. He looks so much calmer than when he's awake. Such an energetic person. I wonder where he gets all that energy from...

I take a deep breath and debate whether or not to wake him up or not. Hmm... I'll just wait for him to wake up. I look around for my phone and when I find it i text my mom good morning. Then I look for my gaming console so I can play some games while I wait for Shoyo.

Some time goes by and I hear some moving in Shoyo's bed. I look up and see him sleepily rubbing his eyes.

"good morning" I say while he's yawning.

"Good morning kenma," he says with a smile on his face. "Did you sleep well?" he asks finally looking at me. Wait why was I waiting for him to look at me...

"Yeah, what about you?" I ask ignoring my thoughts.

"I did too! Let's go get breakfast!!' He says excitedly and stands up from his bed ready to leave his room, but I grab onto his wrist before he even makes it to the door.

"We need to get ready first." I say. "Oh yeah" he replies, nodding.

In less than 15 minutes, Shoyo and I are ready and leave the room.

"Good morning auntie." I greet his mom that's in the kitchen, with Natsu. "And Natsu." I say looking at her.

"Good morning Kenma-san!" she says excitedly. "Can I play with your hair today??" she asks pouting, since shoyo didn't let her yesterday.

"NAtsu!" shoyo says pouting.

"It's fine. Yeah you can play with my hair today." I say and give Natsu a small smile.

"Yay!!" She exclaims happily.

"Fine, but let us have breakfast first alright," Shoyo says and Natsu nods.

""How'd you sleep, Kenma?" Auntie asks. "Good." I say and she smiles happily. "That's good. Your breakfast is in the table then!" She says and Shoyo and I thank her.

"So what do you wanna do today??" Shoyo asks me as we're sitting down.

"I don't really know." I say.

"Hmm how about I take you around Miyagi?"

"Sure."

"Alright then! We'll go after lunch so we'll have more time." He says and I nod.

"We'll be going now, mom!" Shoyo says and auntie nods.

"Don't be out for too late and stay safe alright?" she says and we nod.

"We'll be back soon" I say when shoyo and I walk out of the house. And from there we start making our way downhill.

"Where are we gonna go first?" I ask, breaking the comfortable silence.

"We'll walk around a district and then go to a park near it where they sell icecream! Afterwards we can go to an arcade in a mall and then back home. Is that fine with you?" He asks and I nod.

"Just fine." 

.

.

.

"How come you won every gameeee" Shoyo whines as we walk out of the arcade.

"I tried to lose but you just wouldn't win..." I say silently.

"Hey, I tried!" he says and I let out a laugh.

"Maybe next time you'll win." I say, not noticing a smile has formed on my lips.

"Hmph! I will definitely win next time!" he says putting his hands on his hips. 

"haha yeah... you will" I mumble to myself.

We silently make our way back to Shoyo's house. It's already 4 pm and the sun will start setting in about an hour. It's roughly the same time we'll take from the arcade to his house. If we walk of course. I don't know if i'll be able to keep up but i don't want to ruin this moment with my shitty stamina, so i'll just endure it. It looks like it's more enjoyable for Shoyo like this too, so...

I glance at him and the butterflies start acting up. What is wrong with me. I don't get any of these weird feelings. I'll just ignore them and they'll definitely fade away in the blink of an eye...

"Hey kenma?" Shoyo calls. "Hm?" I hum. "What would you be doing right now if we had not met each other?" He asks the pretty odd question.

"Hmm I don't know... maybe playing a game or studying. Probably hanging out with Kuroo." I say and Shoyo hums in response. 

"I would be pretty bored right now at home haha," he says rubbing the back of his neck. A faint blush on his face. "I'm glad we got to meet each other hehe" he says with an embarrassed but bright smile. 

"Ha... me too." I reply silently, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. 

"I was scared you were gonna be some super scary dude! All because Kageyama tried to convince me you were gonna be one, hmph" Shoyo tells me and crosses his arms. I let out a faint laugh and he then smiles at me. The rest of the walk is comfortable, and filled with him telling me all kinds of stories. I would normally be worn out at this point, but it's different with Shoyo.

"We're back!" Shoyo informs as we walk inside the house. "Onii-san! Kenma-san!" Natsu is heard from the living room, and when we make our way there, we see a ton of dolls and stuffed animals around a tea table. There are tea stuff on top of the tea table and three open seats. I have a very confident feeling those are for us. And for some reason there's a volleyball in one of the seats. 

"Onii-san lets have a tea party with kenma-san!" She says excitedly as she runs towards us and grabs our hands, pulling us inside.

"Eh?!?" Shoyo says probably embarrassed. Then he looks at me and i just shrug.

"Fine..." he says and Natsu laughs excitedly. 

"Alright! Onii-san sits next to Mr. Volleyball and kenma-san sits next to onii-san. I will sit in front of both of you!" Natsu tells us and we nod. 

.

.

.

"Well that was tiring." Shoyo says as he falls on his bed.

"Yeah..." I reply sighing and lying down on the floor. 

"Hehe. Your hair looks cute though. I'm surprised she didn't pull your hair like she did on mine." he says, rubbing his head with a tired look on his face.

"But it looks cute too" I say to myself but he heard me and laughs. "I guess so," he says looking away from me with a light blush on his face.

"Yeah..." I reply, feeling my face heating up too. Why does this happen whenever i'm around Shoyo...