Chapter 3

A week passes by, and today is Thursday. My day is the same as it always is. School, volleyball practice, get home, complete my homework, and play video games. Except, one thing is different. My phone buzzes and after I takes a deep breath, I pick it up from my bedside table, and look at the messages.

shoyo
kenma-san heeeeelpppp
ACK
KAGS ALMOST CAUGHT ME THAT SCARED ME TO DEATH
now he's headed towards the place nishinoya-senpai and tanaka-senpai are hidden hehe

neko
what's going on?

shoyo
we're playing hide and seek!
I let out a laugh. That's so unlike me, I ignore the thought and answer Shoyo.

neko
what are you, 5? Why would you guys be playing hide and seek

shoyo
hey! it's fun and you can play it no matter what age you are! hmph

neko
ok ok sorry haha

A few minutes pass by and i still have no reply. Did I say something wrong? Before i turn off my phone, it buzzes once again, and i can feel some happy fuzzy feeling in my stomach. Weird.

shoyo
Kags caught me T-T

neko
oh

Shoyo has told me about his Volleyball team members, literally everything. I could probably tell who is who if i were to meet them in person for the first time.

Meet in person. What would Shoyo be like in person? My mind keeps going around the thought, and i nearly forget i was texting the person i'm thinking about. I shake my head and can feel a flush of heat rushing to my ears and face.

"Jeez, what's wrong with me..." I say looking at my phone and my eyes widen at what Shoyo just sent me.

shoyo
I just had the craziest idea! Wanna meet up and hang out?!? :D

Did he just read my mind? "This is one hell of a coincidence." I say, and a familiar voice startles me. "What is?" I look up and see Kuroo leaning against the door frame of my room. And he has his smug smile on his face.

"Nothing." I say quickly, trying to recover from everything that i just felt.

"C'mon I know you're lying. I've been standing here since you were blushing. It was pretty shocking, not gonna lie." Kuroo says and i throw a pillow from my bed at him, feeling embarrassed.

"Haha sorry, it's not my fault you didn't hear me knocking." He says shrugging and entering my room, settling down on the window nook in my room as he throws the pillow back at me.

"What are you doing here..?" I ask silently, not sure if he heard me or not.

"Just came to visit. I know your parents only get home at night so you probably feel lonely everyday," he says making a dramatic heartbroken face. "But worry no more, your best friend has come to the rescue!" Kuroo says making a confident happy face this time. He does this everytime, and it never gets old.

"I'm used to it." I say, not making eye contact. And it's true, I'm used to it, even though it makes me feel a bit empty.

"Which is not good," he says, and this time i can't tell if he's serious or half joking. After a small silence, he speaks up again, "Anyways~ who made you blush~?" He asks, changing the subject, and I'm glad he did. But regret it after realizing what he just asked. "I-It's none of your business." I say, turning away from him.

"Ah~ so you admit that it was someone." He says teasingly.

"I never said that..."

"Sure did~"

"Did not."

"Did not~"

"Did." I say and realize he tricked me. "Hey not fair!"

"Hahaha, just admit it already." He says and i stay silent before answering. "It was just... i don't really know. It all felt weird." I say, and when Kuroo doesn't say anything, i look at him only to see him with a thinking hard face.

A while after, he speaks up. "Kenma, i think you might be starting to like someone. It might be romantically, or that person could be growing onto you." He says. "And knowing you, it's probably Shoyo~" I almost choke on air at what he just said.

"W-What makes you think that?!" I say and he smirks. "You only talk to two people, and that's Shoyo and I."

I don't say anything and just sigh. "This is so tiring... I wanna sleep." I say under my breath. I lie down on my bed, and something doesn't feel right.

Then it gets to me.

I didn't reply to Shoyo's last message.

Dammit.

I sit up as quickly as i can and Kuroo, who's reading some book he brought, notices the sudden movement.

"Yo is something wrong?" He asks closing his book, turning his attention to me.

Before i answer him, i quickly text Shoyo my answer. For some reason, i'm so eager to reply.

neko
sure. when and what time?

done. I click send. That fuzzy feeling comes back and I try to ignore it, turning to Kuroo.

"Shoyo wants to hang out."