I always wonder "What am I doing? Why am I here?"

Oh my god, I have finally finished this chapter- You have no idea how happy I am with how it turned out. I am working on three stories and a one shots book simultaneously atm so I hope your patience doesn't run out anytime soon! :)Also! Also, also, new story coming soon ;)

-------

"You're saying that the two top heroes who pinned me down, one of which held a sword to my neck, plus their father, are the 'friends' you were telling me about?!", Mumbo shrieks, grabbing Grian by the shoulders and shaking him back and forth like a maraca.

The two of them left hastily after the ordeal between Ranboo and The Blade ended, Mumbo pulling Grian down to the blond's apartment, leaving the three rascals at Stress' mercy. And judging by the fact that they bumped into Impulse on their way down, the kids would be getting a double lecture. Sadly, though, Grian can't help; he has other problems to tend to himself, like the very angry mustache man in front of him. (he has taught the kids how to pull puppy eyes, they'll be fiiiine)

Mumbo only knows the basics of this bizarre family dynamic, having been out of town on "business" for about a month, in which month Grian (and the others) managed to pull a co-op Philza and adopt the street's strays. Grian had only given him the names of the kids and some basic characteristics (the obvious ones like Tubbo's bee wings and Ranboo's skin) to recognize them by. He's told him how they behave in general, but most of the conversations they've had about them were just Grian ranting about Ranboo doing this and oh my gosh, Tommy did that and how Tubbo has been getting these weird purple scabs over his knees from failed skateboard tricks so they're keeping a closer eye on him- point is, he doesn't know the kids as the kids themselves. And his very best friend is biased because he's running after them like a mother hen. Or parrot in his case.

But, Grian might've forgotten to tell Mumbo about his hero friends. Three of the most popular and skillful heroes in the country; in the world, even. One of which almost slit the man's throat open. Oops.

Grian can't exactly blame Mumbo for being angry at Techno (and by extension him as well but we're skipping that tiny detail). He would be upset too if some random guy almost cut his head off over a stupid potat exploding! Or, well, a misunderstood firecracker as Mumbo put it.

"Yeah!", Grian responds, quick and choppy, smiling like the madman that he is, like Mumbo just busted the best joke on the whole flippin' planet.

"Mate, you realize that they are heroes, right? He-roes"

"I do, yeah, why?"

"Weren't you telling me that the Crowfather was chasing you through the city like... two days ago?"

"Pearl had made it look like I was robbing that bank, it was a misunderstanding"

"And that The Blade almost chopped your wings off that one time?"

"We kind of ran into each other and I was covered in ketchup, he thought it was blood-"

"And wasn't there that one occurance when Ghostbur tried to use his Voice on you to make you throw yourself off that office building?"

"Eh, that was just bad timing and honestly, that was so long ago, Mumbo!"

"All of this happened, like... literally this week, Grian!"

"Buh, old news, old news!"

Mumbo facepalms. Grian resists the urge to chuckle.

"You're insufferable sometimes"