Book 1 Chapter X - Traitor To The Human Race?

Chapter 10 - Traitor To The Human Race?

Jackson didn't sleep at all the rest of the night, and as soon as the sun began to rise, he got up and got dressed, taking care not to disturb Lacey, and headed over to the base. Now, he was looking through the Intergalactic Archives of Criminals.

"Debraedel, Dech Asary, Deglenda..." he muttered, reading the names generated by the computer when he had typed in "Vampiruan" and selected "Surnames Beginning With D". "Dejoskelil, De Mon - De Mon!"

He clicked on that name. Five names appeared under the heading "Presumed Alive".

Terror De Mon

Grievous De Mon

Cyanide De Mon

Nightmare De Mon

Attykcca De Mon

He clicked on "Terror De Mon".

~ Name: Lady Terror De Mon

~ Age: 87,210 years (approx.)

~ Species: Vampiruan vampire

~ Home Planet: Vampiru

~ Home Region: Deavra

~ Home Town/City: Tatharus

~ Siblings: None

~ Parents: Caius De Mon, Athonis De Mon (both deceased)

~ Aunts/Uncles: Jequirity De Mon-Aishumn (aunt, deceased)

~ Children: Grievous De Mon (son), Nightmare De Mon, Attykcca De Mon (daughters)

~ Marital Status: Never married

The profile went on to list things of no interest to Jackson, such as her height, weight, eye colour, where she went to school, etc. Then it got to something that was of great interest to him.

~ Wanted For: Mass murder, horrific experiments on living creatures, blackmail, consorting with criminals, repeatedly breaking out of prison.

There were more crimes mentioned, but Colonel Brown had seen enough. Cross was right; this creature was a real danger not only to Earth, but to the universe in general.

Cross... that reminded him. He would have to look up about the so-called David Cross.

~~~~

Dani pushed her cereal around her plate, trying to force herself to eat it and failing miserably. Ever since yesterday, guilt had been gnawing away at her. She had promised not to tell anyone about InGEN, and she had broken that promise. Maybe Edward hadn't believed her, but still...

She sighed and got up. Her parents were having another argument over some phone numbers on the phone bill that neither would admit to knowing anything about, so they wouldn't be going to chapel today, even though it was Sunday. She'd go over to 9 St James Street and confess, and she also owed them an apology. She'd done some thinking about everything she'd said when she last saw them, and come to the conclusion that it was the government, not InGEN, that was to blame.

There was no one at 9 St James Street. Both the car and the pickup truck had gone, too. Dani sat down on the doorstep.

Where could they be? she wondered.