🥀26

*Auburn, GA*

August POV:

I could barely sleep at all last night. I put Mariah to sleep, but I was basically wide awake. I'm paying for that shit this morning cause a nigga sleepy as hell. But, I have things to do, so I don't have time to waste. When I walk into the kitchen, I see Cha and MeMe sitting in the stools.

Chandra: "Good morning, Aug."

Me: "Good morning, Cha."

Mariah: "Babe, you look tired."

I peck her lips and she kisses back.

Me: "I didn't go straight to sleep..."

She raises her brow and I nod knowing what she's referring too.

Mariah: "Why not?"

Me: "You know how my mind gets to wondering at night."

Mariah: "It only does that when you have something on your mind and it's bothering you. So what is it?"

I look at her then at Cha. She looks at me as if she's saying don't say anything. I grab a mug and pour me some coffee.

Me: "It's nothing important."

I take a drink and grab my car keys.

Me: "So, don't worry your pretty little head. But, I gotta go..."

I walk away and she grabs my shirt. So I turn around.

Mariah: "Imma let it go. Only because I know how you are. But, where are you goin'?"

Me: "To the studio."

Mariah: "No you're not. You're goin' back upstairs and getting in the bed. Turn off your phone. Don't even touch it..." She says as she takes my keys.

Me: "Babe, I'm good. That's why I have the coffee."

Chandra: "Go get some sleep. You need it. Just go relax.."

Mariah: "Exactly. You been working mad hard since you been out. Late nights. Early mornings. You get off from there. And come here and work. Just take this day to chill. So, go. You and your coffee go upstairs."

Me: "Riah-"

Mariah: "Gooooo..."

I walk off towards the stairs and go in the bedroom. I turn off my phone and get in the bed as I finish my coffee. I set my glass on the table and turn on the tv. Thirty minutes later, MeMe walks in with a tray.

Me: "Really babe?" I ask as I chuckle

Mariah: "Yesssss. I told you. I got you. I'm your wife. It's what I'm supposed to do."

She sets the tray in front of me and grabs the blunt that was next to the plate as I ate. She grabs the lighter from the drawer and lights it.

Mariah: "Inhale..." She says as she holds it up

I inhale as she continues to hold the lighter. She pulls it away as I exhale and she puts the lighter down. I grab the blunt from her hand and take another drag. I let it sit. For a good minute. Then I look at her.

Me: "Where you get this from?" I ask as I exhale

Mariah: "Who do you think I got it from?"

I laugh and inhale. I haven't smoked in so long this shit hittin' right! I needed this. Most definitely that Cali shit. Get you high as hell.

Me: "Thank you for this." I said as I ate.

She smiles at me and rubs on my chin.

Mariah: "You need it. So, Cha and I will be leaving for a few hours so you can sleep. Catch up on those Z's. The kids at school for the next eight hours. So, you don't have to hear no fussing or screaming about anything. And once we get back...I'll give you a massage..."