🥀25

*3 weeks later - Los Angeles*

Mariah POV:

These last few weeks Aug's been keeping me busy! I told him I'd work hard and he's making sure of it. Without the forcing of course.

He made sure I pulled out my many books of songs and did what I felt was top tier. We came to LA because Mike wanted to hear what I had in mind and wanted to help with this album.

Aug had something else to do this morning while being in LA, so it's just me, Mike, and B. Quees should be here soon.

Michael: "So! What you got, sis?"

Me: "A lot. Ummmm. Most of these songs I wrote years ago. They're all different. Some of these I wrote when Aug and I had a bipolar ass relationship. Some are about Aug. Some are from me being sad as fuck..."

Michael: "*chuckles* So which are you wanting to do?"

I show him and he nods.

Michael: "And you're set on these? You know you like to change your mind fifty million times."

Bresha: "No lies told. Indecisive as hell.."

I laugh and playfully hit his leg.

Me: "Yes I'm sure! And this one I just wrote. I want someone featured on this one. And that one.." I say as I point.

Michael: "Anybody in mind?"

Me: "Tink and Yung Bleu. Plus side, Check For Me is already done."

Michael: "That's the one with Chris?"

I nod and the door opens. Quees and Aug walk in talking.

Jacquees: "Wassup..."

Me: "Hey Quees."

He hugs me and I hug back.

August: "Hey babe."

He pecks my lips twice and I kiss him back.

Me: "Just in time. We were just about to actually do some work."

August: "*chuckles* He seen your thirty books?"

Me: "It's not thirty. Just ten." I say as I laugh

Quees sits next to me and I look at him.

Me: "Ready?"

He nods and we start putting together a beat for my song. After what felt like a century, it finally got done. I'm shocked to see Quees and Mike working together. I did a humming run through and I was satisfied.

Michael: "What you think?"

Me: "Perfect! I'm ready to record it. Na...Aug. Just know...it's old."

He looks at me and I go in the booth. I put on the headphones and sit on the stool. I nod and the music starts.

I bet you thought that I didn't have a clue
Of what's goin' on
Funny thing is that I still defended you
Even though you're wrong.

Accusin' me of shit
'Cause you know that you were guilty
You know that I've been through some things
And baby, you're supposed to heal me.

And you want me to forgive all your mistakes
But if was me, boy, would you do the same? It take a day to lose trust and some years to gain it back
And you claimin' this shit love, well, fuck it, I'll pass
So you fucked up what we had, for some temporary ass.