Chapter 19

Samyra's POV:

It's been two days since we are back and Arjun still hasn't talked to me properly and I feel like smacking him hard. I don't even understand this weird behaviour of his. So annoying... Ughhhhh.

It is the first day to college after coming back from the trip and so far Anmol hasn't crossed paths with me and for that I am glad. I am sitting in the cafeteria, not knowing what to do and so it is one of those times where you open your phone and pretend to do something because you don't want others to know how pathetic and lonely your life is. And that's exactly what I am doing.

I feel someone take the seat opposite to mine and look up to see Anmol. I immediately stand up to leave the cafeteria. He shoots his hand out and holds mine.

"Leave my hand Anmol or it won't be good for you." I say slowly stressing on each word.

"Samyra please sit down. I just wanna talk to you." He says leaving my hand immediately. I turn around and seeing his pleading face take a sit opposite to him.

"Speak."

"Look, I am so sorry for that night. My behavior was totally uncalled for and I should respect your decision." I give him a nod, not knowing how else to answer.

"Can we go back to being friends?"

"I am sorry Anmol, I don't know if that is possible for me."

"It's fine. I am sorry." He says before getting up to leave.

"Anmol?"

"Yeah?" He turns back to look at me hopefully.

"Do you remember what happened when you came to my room that night?" I ask him wanting to know if he remembers about my marriage to Arjun.

"Honestly. I was so drunk it is all blurry but I was told what I did and so, I am sorry." I give him a nod and he leaves. I could have told him about my marriage but now that we are most likely never to talk again, I didn't think it made sense for me to tell him about it.

I go back to my phone, randomly scrolling when I again feel someone sitting on the table. I raise my eyes to see the same guy from bleachers sitting here. I ignore him and go back to looking in my phone.

"Ah, you don't need to ignore me now." I don't say anything and act as if he isn't even talking to me.

"Hey, dude! What are you doing here?" I hear the one person's voice, I am yearning for, for past two days. I look up to my husband making his way towards my table with other members of his team.

"Hey, Myra, how are you?" I look up at him in surprise. The light tone and the fact that he is talking to me in college are all too confusing.

"Hey, Arjun!" I say a bit unsure but not making my confusion apparent in my tone.

"How do you know her man?" Harsh asks him.

"I just do. So, are we sitting here now?" Arjun asks Harsh.

"Yeah, I thought of joining this beautiful lady sitting alone. You guys can sit at our usual spot." I see Arjun fisting his hands and so I get up.

"I actually am getting late for the class. I should get going. Bye, Arjun!" I say and move out of the cafeteria and go to the library to be in isolation. I reach our secret spot and sit on the bench putting my head down, not feeling too well all of a sudden.

I feel a presence next to me and now I am this close to snapping at people thinking that it's alright to come and sit next to people who don't wanna talk to you. I raise my head to kill the person mentally when I realise it is none other than the Arjun Kapoor.