Chapter 3

Samyra's POV:

It's been a week, since I met Arjun. I remember telling my parents that I will be in the garden since they were late, and I opened the gate mumbling under my breath how they do not value others time when I realized two men standing on the door. I was embarrassed when I got to know they were the ones who came to see me and if that wasn't enough, I further embarrassed myself while talking to him on the terrace. To be honest, I didn't find him to be rude or arrogant as people think of him to be. In fact, I thought he was very sweet. Well, since I didn't have any valid reason to reject the proposal, we are bound to get married. Even if I did, I don't think dad would have rejected Arjun as he seemed to have been smitten by him. That morning, I again tried my luck saying if the date for our marriage can be after sometime but he started getting hyper about how this is for my best and he needs to see me settled before he dies and other same old emotional stuff, making me worried about his health. Although, I don't know Arjun's reason for marrying me at such young age. Hmm... I should have asked him that day itself.

To say I am nervous about my marriage, would be an understatement of the year, but I need to just suck it up and deal with it. I am in the college at the moment, thankfully in this one week, I haven't seen Arjun or even talked to him, since we didn't exchange our phone numbers. Whenever he would come on campus, the buzz around would tell me, and I would usually escape the place. It's not that I don't wanna meet him, I am just too embarrassed to meet him and want to save myself from further embarrassment. I am in the canteen with Anmol like every other day and we are having coffee.

"Samyra, are you okay? You are looking lost."

"Of course I am alright. What will happen to me? I am just tensed about the test we have tomorrow."

"Do you wanna study for it together?"

"Hmmm... that's a good idea, how about we go to library and study, I mean we have free period next, so might as well use it."

"Sure, let's go." We get up, and throwing our cups in the bin nearby, we exit the canteen only for me to bump into something hard, rather someone's hard muscles.

"Ouch! Sorry!" I jerk back and almost fall but I feel someone tightening their hold on my waist to stable me.

"Samyra, are you alright?" I look beside me to see Anmol looking at me questioningly. giving him a quick nod, I turn to the culprit and gulp loudly seeing my fiancé standing there. Fiance, sounds weird and strange. His eyes tightening, looking somewhere down and following his gaze I realize he is looking at Anmol holding my waist.

"I am fine Anmol, you can let go of me now." Saying this I try and remove his hands from my waist. I don't want him to get any wrong ideas, not like it was a big deal as Anmol was just helping me but still.

"Sorry for bumping into you." Saying this, I try and move from there but the bulky man in front of me is literally blocking my way.

"Excuse me?" I say looking into his deep brown eyes. He still hasn't moved an inch.

"Dude, let's get going now. I am hungry." I see Arjun's teammates standing behind him and he too seems to realize the same as he moves from my way and I move towards the library with Anmol right behind me.

"Dude, that was the Arjun Kapoor! I was so scared there for a moment that he might kick us for even coming in his path." Anmol remarks.

"I don't think he is that bad." I bite my tongue realizing I just defended someone whom I don't even know as per Anmol.

"How do you know that?"

"How can you say that he would have kicked us? We are standing here in one piece now, aren't we?"