Chapter 5

When Error appeared from the forest, the first thing he saw was Outer and Sci standing on the porch of the Outertale Sans's house, discussing something with worried and nervous expressions. When they both heard Error's approaching footsteps, they made sure to quickly divert their attention from their conversation and greet him.

The glitched Sans gave them a look before asking why he had been called back. In return, Outer and Sci exchanged glances before letting the scientific Sans explain the situation at hand.

"W-well, you see...the Sans that had attacked us yesterday won't succumb to the serum's drugging effect anymore, and we managed to make a quick truce between each other so that he won't instantly destroy the Multiverse as long as he gets to have a talk with you."

Error's curious expression switched to one of massive confusion. "ϦЦŤ ÐɪÐЛ'Ť нƐ ΛŁらØ ƜΛЛŤ ௱Ɛ ÐƐΛÐ ŁɪҚƐ ŤнƐ 尺ƐらŤ ØF ϤØЦ?" ("But didn't he also want me dead like the rest of you?")

Sci nodded anxiously. "Yes, but we have to let him talk with you, for our Multiverse's life is on the line. He threatened to smash its code to bits if our end of the deal wasn't upheld. We will, of course, do our best to monitor the Sans's movements and actions, but that's about as much as we can promise, for our own power with a couple of forces fighting against them would be no match for his shown powers."

Still slightly bewildered, Error let out a heavy sigh before summoning a portal to the council's AU and stepping through, Outer and Sci quickly following through behind him. They let Sci lead the way to the holding chamber(since Error had no idea where anything was), and they soon came face to face with an enforced room with one-sided glass and a guarded door.

Still understandably wary about the current Destructor of Worlds walking through their base, it wasn't unsurprising that the guards at the door were hesitant to let Error through. Eventually though, it all worked out, and Error was granted passage to the inside of the cell.

The door was hastily shut after he was inside, and he was met with the sight of a visibly irritated Sans sitting freely upright on a bashed-in retraining table. When the Sans realized who had entered the room though, his angered demeanor quickly dropped and was replaced with a neutral expression.

"š⊕, ï ω⊕uレd αššumε †hα† ψ⊕u'rε †hïš muレ†ï∀εršε'š ω⊕rレd dεš†r⊕ψεr? †hε ψïη šïdε ⊕ƒ †hε ςrεα†ï⊕η αηd dεš†ruς†ï⊕η ßαレαηςε?" ("So, I would assume that you're this Multiverse's world destroyer? The Yin side of the Creation and Destruction balance?") The Sans spoke, cocking their head curiously even as their glitches ran fervently around their skull.

Error blinked in surprise. "ϤƐら, ɪ ҨЦɪŤƐ Λ௱ ɪЛ FΛㄈŤ. ΛŁらØ, Ťнɪら ௱ΛϤ らƐƐ௱ ŁɪҚƐ ΛЛ ɪÐɪØŤɪㄈ ҨЦƐらŤɪØЛ ŤØ ΛらҚ, ϦЦŤ нØƜ ƐχΛㄈŤŁϤ ƜØЦŁÐ ϤØЦ нΛƔƐ ƓЦƐららƐÐ らЦㄈн ㄈØЛㄈŁЦらɪØЛ?" ("Yes, I quite am in fact. Also, this may seem like an idiotic question to ask, but how exactly would you have guessed such conclusion?")

Error heard the Sans let out a soft sigh. "hα∀ε †h⊕šε ruƒƒïαηš ⊕ƒ š⊕mε dεï†ïεš ηε∀εr †⊕レd ψ⊕u ⊕r †hε...prεšεη† ςrεα†⊕r ⊕ƒ ω⊕rレdš αß⊕u† †hε muレ†ï∀εršε †hεψ ωα†ςhεd ⊕∀εr ßεƒ⊕rε ψ⊕urš ςαmε ïη†⊕ εxεηςε?" ("Have those ruffians of some deities never told you or the...present Creator of Worlds about the Multiverse they watched over before yours came into existence?")

When the Sans saw Error shake his head, an annoyed growl escaped their mouth before they quickly re-composed themselves. Clearing their throat, he looked at Error with a blank gaze.