Chapter 4

Error huffed in exhaustion, pausing in place to catch his breath for a moment before leaping away from another one of the Sans's attacks.

"нØƜ ŁØЛƓ ㄈΛЛ Ťнɪら ƓЦϤ ƓØ ØЛ FØ尺?" ("How long can this guy go on for?") Error thought, before dodging the sharp, white strings that could have impaled him straight through his skull. The two had both been able to land some good hits on one another, but Error's HP was already down to 3/5, much lower than it should ever be in any fight, whilst the other glitched monster seemed ignorant of the amount of damage done to them.

The current destroyer's magic and energy flow was already running low at this point, but he was unable to escape through a portal with Outer due to some modifications that the other being had done to Ashentale's code while he wasn't paying attention.

'ÐΛ௱ЛɪŤ, ɪ нØþƐ ØЦŤƐ尺'ら ΛŁ尺ƐΛÐϤ þнØЛƐÐ ɪЛ ŤнƐ ㄈØЦЛㄈɪŁ 'ㄈΛЦらƐ ɪ'௱ ЛØŤ らЦ尺Ɛ ɪF ɪ ㄈΛЛ ŁΛらŤ ௱Цㄈн ŁØЛƓƐ尺 ŁɪҚƐ Ťнɪら.' ('Damnit, I hope Outer's already phoned in the council 'cause I'm not sure if I can last much longer like this.') Error thought to himself as he was forced to careen through an invisible maze of jagged bones as to stay in the clear whilst on the ground.

The wind seemed to be whipping up a dust storm now, undoubtedly the other Sans's doing as to make Error's visibility lessen, thus putting him at a major disadvantage. He outwardly snarled in frustration as he threw his gaze about, trying to find any markable traces of the monster through the storm as singled-out strings and bones flew past his limbs with amazing accuracy and slowly chipped pieces of bone away.

Taking a deep breath, he set his jaw with a determined glare and prepared his lessening magic flow for another draining attack. Bracing his legs against the ground, he grabbed his strings from his tear lines and held his hands up in the air, letting the pieces of lethal magic rest loosely in the storm's wind before allowing them to strike out in all levels of directions, making sure to leave no space for escape from the massive capturing attack.

His eye sockets widened when he felt some of his strings hit and wrap around a body-like form. A triumphant grin formed on his face, and he slammed the figure down onto the hardened ground before letting his other strings fly over to the being and help hold it down.

As the dust storm suddenly cleared, he was met with the sight of the damned Sans trapped underneath his magic, staring at him with that same crazed smile that he had since the beginning of the fight.

 When two portals opened a bit of a ways away from them, the two heavily glitching beings were already too entrapped in their mental battle that was going on of who would break eye contact first.

Suddenly, a blue hue seemed to be growing around the restrained Sans, and Error's ferocious gaze was filled with confusion as of what the other was doing. He stepped back a little when maniacal laughter came from the being's raspy mouth.

That was all that he saw before his vision was blinded with pure white light.

Error was thrown backwards, thudding and tumbling on the ground before his back eventually hit against a wall. He groaned in pain, the blank light still clouding his eyesight as every part of his body throbbed with tremendous amounts of pain.

Error thought that he heard his name in the distance, but the ringing in his ears was too loud for him to be capable of hearing anything outside of his head. When his vision cleared up though, he was met with the smug eyes of the Sans that had started this entire mess in the first place.

Channeling the last bits of his energy, he managed to form a strong enough retaliation blast that could force the monster all the way to the other side of The Ruins' cavern. Struggling to stand up, he used the wall behind him as a support to make his way over to what seemed to be Nightmare and his gang simply surveying the battle. He could feel the monster's gaze on him, but strangely enough, he made no move to attack him.