Chapter 3

Double update lets goooooooo-

"So, uh, how's life been?" Outer asked, and Error gave out a short giggle.

"ŁɪFƐ, ϤØЦ らΛϤ? ɪ ŤнØЦƓнŤ ŤнΛŤ ƜƐ ƜƐ尺Ɛ らɪ௱þŁϤ らҚƐŁƐŤΛŁ ㄈØ尺þらƐら ŤнΛŤ нΛƔƐ нɪƓнƐ尺 ㄈΛþΛϦɪŁɪŤɪƐら ŤнΛЛ ΛЛϤ ØŤнƐ尺 нЦ௱ΛЛ Ø尺 ௱ØЛらŤƐ尺." ("Life, you say? I thought that we were simply skeletal corpses that have higher capabilities than any other human or monster.") The destroyer mused, and Outer quickly stiffened before blushing in embarrassment.

"I-I mean, well-...I don't even know anymore..." Outer said, turning his face away and using his hoodie to cover up his hued face. Error laughed a bit about the younger's reaction, before sitting down on the ground and gesturing for Outer to do the same once his face wasn't completely covered with shame.

"ƜƐŁŁ, ɪ ƓЦƐらら ƐƔƐ尺ϤŤнɪЛƓ'ら ϦƐƐЛ ƓØɪЛƓ ΛŁ尺ɪƓнŤ. ϤƐらŤƐ尺ÐΛϤ, ϦƐFØ尺Ɛ ɪ ㄈΛ௱Ɛ нƐ尺Ɛ, ɪ нΛÐ ϦƐƐЛ らƐΛ尺ㄈнɪЛƓ Ťн尺ØЦƓн Λ ЛƐƜ ΛЦ ŤнΛŤ ɪ нΛÐ FØЦЛÐ." ("Well, I guess everything's been going alright. Yesterday, before I came here, I had been searching through a new AU that I had found.") Error explained, before quickly putting in a clearer sentence when he saw Outer's expression grow dark. "ÐØЛ'Ť ƜØ尺尺Ϥ, ŤнƐ ƜØ尺ŁÐ ƜΛら ΛŁ尺ƐΛÐϤ Ɛ௱þŤϤ. Λら ɪ нΛÐ 尺ƐΛÐ, ŤнƐ ɪЛнΛϦɪŤΛЛŤら нΛÐ ϦΛらɪㄈΛŁŁϤ ÐƐらŤ尺ØϤƐÐ ŤнƐ௱らƐŁƔƐら, ŁƐΛƔɪЛƓ ϦƐнɪЛÐ ЛΛЦƓнŤ ϦЦŤ Λ ϦΛ尺尺ƐЛ ŁΛЛÐらㄈΛþƐ. ΛŁらØ, ɪ ҚЛØƜ Ťнɪら ɪら Λ らŤ尺ƐŤㄈн ØF Λ ҨЦƐらŤɪØЛ, ϦЦŤ ƜØЦŁÐ ϤØЦ ŁɪҚƐ ŤØ ㄈØ௱Ɛ ƜɪŤн ௱Ɛ ŤØ らƐƐ ŤнƐ ΛЦ FØ尺 ϤØЦ尺らƐŁF?" ("Don't worry, the world was already empty. As I had read, the inhabitants had basically destroyed themselves, leaving behind naught but a barren landscape. Also, I know this is a stretch of a question, but would you like to come with me to see the AU for yourself?")

Outer seemed taken aback by the question, but soon thought it over and agreed. Error flashed the Sans a smile, before summoning a portal beneath Outer's body and roughly transporting him into Ashentale.

Error hopped down besides Outer with a graceful landing, and the destroyer ignored the death glares that the latter was boring into the back of his skull as he examined the silent terrain. He had forgotten to visit the surface of the AU both the times that he had come here, but the sight was not much of one for pleasantry.

As expected, there was nothing but ash and dust that covered the ground, and all signs of civilization and life were gone without much but a remnant of a tiny twig to acknowledge life's former existence. Error head a soft 'woah' from behind him, and he turned around to see Outer gazing about with wonder, the expression behind their eye lights being full of sorrow and another detected emotion that couldn't be described in words.

"ɪŤ らƐƐ௱ら Λら ɪF ϤØЦ'ƔƐ ЛƐƔƐ尺 ϦƐƐЛ ØЦŤらɪÐƐ ϤØЦ尺 ΛЦ ϦƐFØ尺Ɛ. нΛƔƐЛ'Ť ϤØЦ ƐƔƐ尺 ƓØЛƐ ØЛ Ť尺ɪþら Λ尺ØЦЛÐ ŤнƐ ௱ЦŁŤɪƔƐ尺らƐ ƜɪŤн ŤнΛŤ ㄈØЦЛㄈɪŁ ϤØЦ'尺Ɛ Λ þΛ尺Ť ØF?" ("It seems as if you've never been outside your AU before. Haven't you ever gone on trips around the Multiverse with that council you're a part of?") Error asked, his head tilting a bit in confusion as his glitches seemed to pop up more around his eye sockets.

Outer's slightly-agape mouth pressed itself together into a thin, grimacing line as he continued to survey the landscape. "Come to think of it, I haven't. The only place that I've gone to that was outside my AU has been the council meeting center. Other than that, I can think of no times that anyone's asked me to go on an expedition with them."