epilogue

TRACK 6: MAKE IT TO ME - SAM SMITH

<>

SETTING: the future...

It took six years, but fate apparently did want Niall and Harry to be together.

It took the fact that Niall would call and call, and text continuously even when he got no answer back, for Harry to realize that maybe Niall does see what a huge mistake he made. But he wasn't going to just cave that easily. He let destiny do its thing.

It was one day, when Niall was on holiday with his family to Paris. He was wandering around the city with his brother, Greg. Harry just happened to be going to get lunch at the same place they were.

"Um, I'm not really hungry, actually." Niall had said, "I'll just get a coffee and uh-" then he looked out the window for a brief second. And surprise? There was the love of his life, "Harry?" he whispered to himself.

"We don't serve those, sir." the grumpy cashier had said, causing Greg to double over in laughter as Niall stared at the doorway Harry just walked through.

And the rest? Is history.

Today, August 3, 2022, is the day of their wedding. The day Niall has been looking forward to for who knows how long.

All of Niall's friends and family is there, along with Harry. Harry wears a white suit while Niall wears a black one, up on the alter, infront of everyone they love.

Neither one of them could be happier, really.

"Harry," Niall starts his vows, "we met in our second year of highschool. We were both small and confused. I thought you were an idiot, honestly. But I liked that about you. I liked how you would always get brushes stuck in your curls, how you would poke your dimples every morning in the mirror, how you would trip over your feet all the time, how you had that lisp when you first got your braces. We were best friends. The day I started getting feelings for you scared the hell out of me. I thought you'd never like me the way I do you. But that wasn't the case. I've done a lot of sh- crap. I've done a lot of crap that should probably make you hate me, but you don't. You're standing here with me on this alter today and I wouldn't mind if this is the last thing I ever do. I don't deserve you, Harry Styles. I really don't. And you somehow think I do. It's a miracle after what we've been through that we ended up together again. I love you so much, and I believe I'm the luckiest man in the world right now."

Harry wipes away a tear and sniffles, "Niall you little fuck, I can't top that." he whispers, making his soon-to-be-husband chuckle, "Okay. Okay Niall. When we first met, I didn't think you were an idiot. I knew you were. I knew you were because from the first day we met, I had a crush on you and you were so oblivious. I didn't really write out my vows because I would've forgotten them anyway. So I'm going to say it all from my heart."

"Sap."

"Shutup and let me speak. Yeah we went through a lot of crap, we both know that. And I did hate you for quite sometime. No, that's a lie. I loved you and I hated that I couldn't stop loving you. My favorite thing about you is how everytime you ask me if you should re-dye your hair or let it go back brunette and I tell you to let it go back, you dye it anyway. I mean, it lets me know how much my opinion matters," he laughs, "but I love it because it shows the stubborn side of you that I put up with. I'm glad I get to share this day with you. I wouldn't want it to be anyone else. I won't let you down, and I know you won't let me down. We're in this together. Till the end. All the love to you, Niall."

"All the love, Harry."

The End.

<>

did it suck?