<4>

TRACK 4: DROWNING - BACKSTREET BOYS

<>

SETTING: the cute little cafe that Harry thinks is disgusting but Louis loves it

"He should be here any minute." Louis informs Harry, "You'll love him. He's got the greatest sense of humor and he'll just light up the whole room."

Harry gets up, "That's great, but I gotta pee." he says right as Louis' phone beeps. While he's walking to the toilets he hears Louis telling him to hurry because his boyfriend just pulled up.

For some reason, Harry has a weird feeling about meeting Louis' boyfriend. But he put that down as missing his own boyfriend.

When he finishes his business, he walks over to the table with his head down at his phone screen.

"Harry, meet-" Harry looks up and his eyes widen. His heart beat speeds up, his ears heat, his throat clogs, everything feels suffocating.

"Niall?"

Niall's eyes widen too and he face flushes with guilt, "Erm - hi?" he smiles sheepishly.

Harry looks to Louis, "This is your boyfriend?" he asks incredously.

"Yeah?" Louia frowns, "Is there a problem?"

Harry looks back to his boyfriend - ex boyfriend - then shakes his head, "Not at all. Just surprised to see an old friend."

Louis smiles, "Oh! So you two know eachother? That's great! So now we can skip the awkward introducing and get to having fun."

Louis talks, but Harry doesn't listen. He's mostly just trying to keep his tears back. Was he not enough? How long had they been together? Was he dating Louis the whole time he was dating Harry? He feels betrayed.

"I'm just gonna head off to the loo," Louis says, breaking him out of his thoughts, and goes to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry." Niall's tiny voice sounds, "I really am," he looks up into Harry's eyes, "I can expl-"

"Don't." Harry cuts him off, "Just don't, okay? I don't wanna know how long, or - or why. I just want to know if you were going to tell me."

Harry sighs when Niall shakes his head, "Then I guess that means you aren't telling Louis either. I'm not going to make you tell him, because it's possible you love him more than me. Maybe you don't love me at all. But just, you can't have us both. And I'm going to make it easier on you. Take Louis."

"Bu-"

"Take Louis. And if you do tell him and he stays, then best of luck to you both. But if you decide that I don't know, maybe you really did want to be with me," his voice cracks, "well, that's in fate's hands. Whether it be that we end up together, you and him end up together, or you and someone else end up together, fate will decide that."

"Har-"

"Maybe one day we'll meet again. And maybe I will forgive you. Or maybe one day we won't, and we'll go seperate ways. I loved you, Niall. Did you not understand that? Apparently not." he lets out a bitter chuckle, "Tell Louis I had an emergency." and then he's out of the cafe.

And when Niall gets home that night, Harry's stuff isn't there.

<>

this story is really short bc like i told you, it was a dream i had so it was quick.

but its not over yet so.