Sleeping Beauty-Chapter Seven (Last Chapter)

Chapter Seven

Phillip

Phillip could finally admit how he felt about Briar, the love of his life. He had awakened when she kissed him, awakened from a deep trance. He had felt like Miranda's puppet, and now he wanted an explanation.

“Miranda, you have some explaining to do,” he said once he pulled away from Briar. Miranda looked down at her feet, and Phillip could see tears falling from her eyes.

“I only did it because I love you.”

“You love me?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Why is there magic? I cannot explain it. I just know that I do.”

“Tell him what you did,” Briar said, lacing her hand through Phillip's. “He deserves to know.”

“I cast a love spell on you. I am so sorry, I was selfish and mean. It was a cruel thing to do to Briar, especially after we considered each other friends.”

“You had no right to do that!” Phillip shouted. He was about to say something else, but the door burst open and the king and queen entered.

“Are you all right? We heard shouting,” the queen said. She noticed that Briar and Phillip were holding hands, and her eyebrows rose.

“Everything is resolved now, Mother. Phillip and I are going to get married.”

The queen gasped, and looked at her daughter. “I thought that the Prince was in love with Miranda?” she asked, glaring at him.

“It was a spell, your Highness, I promise you that,” Phillip said, squeezing Briar's hand. The King and Queen looked at Miranda, and she nodded.

“I cast the spell. I am so sorry.”

“Well, this means that Miranda will have to be banished right away, of course. We cannot have traitors in our kingdom,” the king said.

“No, Sire please, it won't happen again! I swear!” Miranda cried, but guards grabbed her and dragged her out of the room. “Briar! We're friends, please!”

“You are no friend of mine,” Briar said quietly.

Briar

The wedding was the next week. It was going to be a grand affair, with half of the kingdom and a big feast. Phillip's brother and his wife were also invited, and the plans were made for Phillip to become Briar's king when she took the throne.

Briar was getting reading, dressing in her gown when the door opened and the Queen walked in.

“Are you ready, my daughter?” she asked, and Briar nodded and smiled.

The Queen took in her long white gown, and shook her head. “No, something is missing.”

“What? I think I have everything...”

“No, I made you this,” the queen said and put a crown of real roses on her daughter's head. “I had it made with magic, so the roses will always stay fresh and alive.”

Briar ran over to the mirror to look. The crown had ivy leaves and bright pink roses along the base, and sparkles fell down softly. “Mother, thank you. I love it!”

“I knew you would. It'll remind you of what Phillip did, how he rescued you.”

“Speaking of what Phillip did, or rather what Miranda did, has she left yet?” Briar asked.