Chapter 1

Tauriel POV

100 years is a blink of an eye for an elf, although still many a thing can happen. In the 100 years that have passed I have lost too much, Legolas being one. Our feelings have died and now all that is left is ash. For our friendship only one could hope that we could still share that, but alas we did not manage to.

My abilities...

Taken by a filths slash of sword, upon myself. Along with them I have lost Eliandel, who I have not heard anything of in over 80 years. I worry for her, of course I do, she was a mother figure to me. The connection that I held between Filyana and my parents has deseased also and it has drew some confidence from me. Knowing that they are no longer with me, once more.

As for Mirkwood...well it grows further in darkness each passing day. More spiders come from their source and a new darkness lingers at our borders. Although all is not lost, I can sense a new hope that will pass through our lands. I do not know what or whom that may be, therefore I must wait.

By tending to my duties, I am sure to keep myself busy. Hopefully without being associated with Legolas.

Although I have lost many a thing in the 100 years to which have passed, I have not lost Lady Arwen's friendship and hope to never do so. Due to Mirkwood's state, she has not visited as it is not safe. For anyone for that matter. Although Ilinith, the Raven which I rescued, has become a trusted messenger for us both.

I cannot live in the past anymore, is does no good. It can not be changed, it is the way our world resolves.

The time is upon us and I will have to pledge my duty to not only my kin and Mirkwood... but the whole of Middle Earth

AUTHORS NOTE

HELLO! I AM BACK AND WITH THE SEQUEL THAT HAS BEEN LONG AWAITED FOR WHICH I APOLOGISE.

THIS IS QUITE A SHORT OPENING CHAPTER BUT IT IS JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HAS HAPPEND IN THE PREVIOUS 100 YEARS.

JUST LIKE MY FIRST BOOK, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT ALOT IF YOU COULD VOTE AND COMMENT TELLING ME WHAT YOU THINK!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, ESPECIALLY ON THE FIRST BOOK WHICH I GAINED NEARLY 400 VOTES WHICH IS AMAZING.

THANK YOU FELLOW MIDDLE EARTH INHABBITANTS!

autumnxleavesxmegan