༄𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Your heart was racing as you tugged onto Kazuha's clothes tightly, looking forward while still hearing the sharp noise of sword and claymore clashing against each other in wide distance, not wanting Itto to get injured because of the two of you. Sara seemed to be convinced of her duties much more than someone usually would and probably had no problem with going over corpses to reach her goal if necessary. You heard the heavy breath of Kazuha who was still running while carrying you before the leafs that blocked your sight before, now vanished at the very second that you left the forest.

Your eyes widened at what you saw just then and didn't took your eyes off of the view down from the cliff that you had reached, just maybe a few hundred meters away now. "Is that..." "Inazuma city, yes" the male hastily said before reaching the end of the cliff and looked down for a second.
"You need to hold on me tightly now, otherwise you will fall down" Kazuha stated as you looked down as well before gulping and slinging your arms around the male's neck while his grip around you got stronger as well. "We're almost there" he said before he took a run-up and jumped off of the cliff.

You closed your eyes and tried to overcome this uncomfortable tickling feelings in your stomach from the fall but before you could, Kazuha had already used his anemo skills just a few meters above the ground and stopped the fall with that, landing on his feet like on a velvet pillow.

"It's alright now, ( Y/N ). We're on the ground" Kazuha said, turning his head towards you who still did not dared to open your eyes and clung onto the mal, not seeming to loosen up any second from now.

That just proceeded in your grip tightening for a slight moment even more, your eyes just mere centimeters open now as you couldn't see the small smile that lingered into Kazuha's lips for a brief second before he started running again.

"What if there is no ship at the dock recently?" The male asked, not stopping in his tracks as you didn't needed long to answer the question. "There is. There definitely is a boat" you said, but Kazuha could hear that you tried to state non existing facts because you didn't knew if there indeed, was a ship at this moment, but had to hope so.

"...Yes, there surely is" Kazuha nodded, just hoping for fate to be on your side.

Kazuha ran and ran but to you, the gate of the city seemed to get further away with every step due to the fear of being caught got the better of you. The feeling of being chased let the adrenaline rush through your body like crazy and you felt like there was a hand behind you that could catch you every second now, a feeling that you only had a few times in your life before and every time, you hoped it was the last.

You were now only about 100 meters away from the city gates, but then you heard the noise of thunder striking behind you – your once racing heart skipped a beat and the sight in front of you seemed to freeze as the next thing you felt was the hard ground beneath your still slightly numb limbs — again.

"No no no no no" you hastily looked behind and saw Kazuha about to stand up but he didn't looked well. His breath was even more heavy than before and sweat was dripping down his pale face. You knew that all this was way too much to ask for, that the male had to carry you all the way here and barely had any rest. You looked to your side and your breath hitched as Sara walked towards the two of you rather quickly before she drew her sword, and her pyrite yellow eyes appeared to glow while she had an piercing gaze on you and Kazuha.

"What is with Itto?!" You asked, shoving yourself further away with the bit strength you had. "Not dead. At least not yet" the female said, her monotone voice ringing through your ears as you could tell that she was at the end of her nerves with this game of prey and hunter.

If you thought about it more, it was kinda ironic. Weren't you supposed to be the hunter? The one who would catch the criminals at all costs. It was your duty from the moment of your birth to do so, you got trained and were never told something else but to bring justice towards Inazuma by hunting those who threaten it. But now all these years of efforts seemed like a heap of ashes that would get carried away with the wind in mere seconds.