༄𝟶𝟶𝟹

"Oi"

You yelled at the old Lady after she threw the wooden spoon at you, what caused you to fall on your but as you covered your forehead with both your hands at the spot where the spoon hit your head.

"And there I thought you couldn't get any more stupid"

The old woman said before taking out yet another spoon to continue to stir the soup in the pot in front of her while Kazuha still stood straight on his spot after he succeeded in not laughing at you. It still seemed kinda weird to you that the male was so relaxed and found things like this funny. I'm your mind, the picture of a criminal always was the exact opposite as Kazuha — a tall person with dark aura and a death glare, doing everything to get what they wanted.

How ironic.

As you stood up again, Miya — the woman in front just sighed before speaking up again.

"And now say ( Y/N ), what is your plan?"

"My.... Plan?"

The one thing you didn't even payed a single thought to was now your biggest problem. What was your plan? You captured Kazuha and brought him into a village of people of hunters and had literally no idea what to do next. Maybe that all wasn't the best idea to begin with.

"Umm..."

Miya was fighting the urge to throw yet another spoon at you but since that was her lost one, she decided against it. She threw way too many spoons at you by now...

"Well you see... I couldn't just let him get away just like that, ok? And Kazuha will just stay here till I know what to do"

You said, before sitting down with crossed legs as you mentioned the white haired male to do so as well.

"If you say so..."

The old lady said while sighing before taking a bow from behind her and filling it with the soup she just made.

"Here Kazuha, eat this"

She said, giving the small wooden bow over to said male who hesitated for a moment as he looked down at the bowl and then at the woman who sat in front of him.

"What are you waiting for? Don't you want to get big and strong or what?"

She exclaimed just as Kazuha hurried to eat the soup while you looked over to Miya who just rose her eyebrow.

"You will get something later. But firstly, don't your father is waiting for to get back to the village?"

The woman asked as you were confused for a moment before realizing that nobody knew that you returned yet. So you had to get back to where you came from to walk to the main entrance of the village where your father was expecting to see you with some criminals that you haired down.

You sighed as you stood up, knowing that everyone will be disappointed again and it made you crazy that this wasn't even the truth. You had caught one of the most wanted persons in Inazuma but wasn't able to tell anyone. But you had your priorities.

"I'm right back"

You said before sneaking out of the house and village just like you entered to Walk towards the main entrance.

As you reached the huge wooden gate, many eyes were on you who walked inside with nobody yet again what caused many there to sigh and going away just like every other time. Your father stood at the end of the small path that the people had practically build as he now seemed even more disappointed as usual.

He always knew this job was for you and surprisingly understood it pretty well — even defeating you when some others would talk bad about what you did. But as the years passed by, he couldn't help but expect more than that.

"( Y/N )"

"Father..."

The people around were now all gone as the two of you stood there with a short thick silence in the air.

"Listen, I'm sorry — I really thought that this time I would get at least one renegade but I wasn't able to catch them... I swear, next time I will—"

"There is not going to be a 'next time', ( Y/N )"

"Huh..?"

"Your my daughter, I love you but this can't continue on like it is now. I need to think of something but you can't go on and prevent the others to properly do their jobs. A criminal is a criminal and their bad people. We can't allow us to let them escape"

"..."

Just as your father turned around to leave, you spoke up once again.

"But— um, just if, what would you do if there is a
'criminal' that isn't bad at all..?"

"...that contradicts itself"

"I just mean that, what if these 'criminals' or
'renegades' are just people who were misunderstood or something. What if they just believe in different things than we do? That's not a crime at all"

You said, trying to make your father to understand as he just stood there with his back still facing you.

But without another word, he left. Leaving you without saying any further word what made you kinda regret saying all these things since you didn't knew what your father interpreted out of this.

You stood there for another moment before finally walking back towards Miya's house, thinking about what you were supposed to do now. Having Kazuha with you and now you weren't even allowed to do what literally everyone else in this village did.

The worst case scenario would most likely be that you would be sent to the main city of inazuma since there was no thing you could do in the village anymore.

"Damn..."

——————————————————————————

A/N

Finally another chapterrr 🕺

I'm so so sorry for not updating in a while 🥲 I have so many things to do and still have my other books that I need to update. I have literally no idea how I got to update every day for the first month after I started writing story's here on wattpad 💀✋

So I seriously try to update more 🤝 I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are excited for the next one!

Have a great day / night and see you hopefully soon <333

~ Author