Chapter Thirteen: The Knock On The Door

**Alicia’s POV**

“Who could that be? Our guests aren’t coming until about 4:30.”

“OPEN UP, POLICE!”

“WOAH, NIALL COME DOWN HERE NOW! EVERYONE UP!”

“What’s going on? Why are the police at our door?” he said running down the stairs.

“I don’t know Niall, just let Liam answer it!”

“OPEN THE DOOR NOW OR WE ARE GOING TO KICK IT DOWN!”

“I’m coming hold on let me cover up, I’m not decent!” said Liam running around trying to find a blanket to cover his boxers. “What seems to be the problem officer, sorry it took so long to open the door, we all just woke up.”

“It seems someone in this house has just made a call to a convicted felon we have been looking for two years. Has anyone in this household recently called someone named Chris?”

I look around to see everyone staring at me knowing it was me but Niall looks at me confused as to why everyone is staring. I can’t decide if I want to rat out Chris and Lucy before knowing their side of this story. So, I just put on my best poker face and lie straight to the police officer, “I called my old friend Lucy and got a wrong number, I talked to the person long enough to ask if this was indeed Lucy’s number and then to apologize for dialing the wrong number.” 

The officer looked me dead in the eyes and asked “Are you certain?”

“Yes officer, I would never lie to a person of law.”

“Alright, sorry to ruin your morning, carry on with your…umm… burning breakfast.” said the officers apologizing and walking out of the door frame shooing me to the kitchen.

“SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!” I scream running into the kitchen to get the fire extinguisher and put out the small fire coming from the waffle maker.

“You were making waffles and you let them burn? Blasphemy! Were they your famous mix waffles?” Niall said rather disappointed that I wasted food.

“How does everyone know that when I make waffles that they are the strawberry chocolate chip kind?”

“Because they are the ONLY kind you make. Ever.”

“Oh shush Mr. Horan, I make them all the time because you like them and because it’s fun to do this.” I say taking a finger full of the pancake mix and wiping it on his face.

“You did not just do that. I’m going to get you, Mrs. Horan, just watch your back.” He says as he picks up the bowl of mix and pours it down the back of his Lakers jersey I’m wearing.

“NIALL, I’M GOING TO KILL YOU! THIS MIX IS COLD!” I scream chasing him around the island in the kitchen.

“IF YOU CAN CATCH ME!”

“Wait, did he just call you Mrs. Horan?” Liam asks with a smirk on his face, obviously knowing that Niall wanted to propose.

“Yeah, we have called each other Mr. and Mrs. Horan for a while now.” I said stopping dead in my tracks causing Niall to catch up to me and pick me up and throw flour on my hair. “Damn it Niall, not the hair! I just got out of the shower!”

“Whoops, but yeah, Li-Li, we have called each other that for a while now.”

“True, but until now it never seemed so surprising, is there something you need to tell us all?” Liam said as everybody walked in the kitchen to see why we were yelling and running.

“No.” Niall and I answered at the same time apparently to quickly because Louis gave me a look like ‘you better tell me ASAP’.

“Okay, so anyways what was up with the police coming to the house today? Did you actually talk to a convicted felon?” Louis asked trying to avoid the answer we just gave them.

“Yes, I made a mistake, he is my old best friend from high school and actually A LOT of history between us and, you will all HATE me for this but, he is coming over later, about 4:30 or so. If you want I’ll call his fiancé Lucy and tell her to just come, we need to catch up. Or you guys could just leave me and Keannia here, and we could talk to them.”

“ALICIA, WHY DID YOU INVITE A CONVICTED FELON TO OUR HOUSE? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? HE MIGHT KILL US!” Dani and El shout at me.

“He won’t kill us I promise, he is a giant teddy bear, and he never did any of the stuff people say he did. Trust me, I know for a fact I was there with him. Keannia knows him and Lucy well enough to testify for him. Isn’t that right Keannia?”

“Correct, and they have TONS of history together. In fact, he was her first kiss and first boyfriend.”

“Yeah, he was and before you freak out Niall,” I say looking over to Niall whose eyes were now green with envy, “there is nothing going on between us, there hasn’t been since sophomore year. By the way, before he comes, I need to explain something to all of you, something that will change what you think of me.” I say gesturing everybody onto the couches in the living room.

“What is Alicia?” Niall said with worry in his voice.

“I want to tell you what all the tattoos and scars mean to me and why they exist.”

“Are you sure, Alicia, it took forever for you tell me, why tell everyone now?” said Keannia as she stands up and walks over to me.

“Positive, I want everyone to know in case Chris brings it up while he is here.”

_____________A/N_____________

Another cliffhanger! I plan on posting one more chapter tonight, I have needed to update this story for a while now, and if this next chapter isn’t posted tonight, it will go up tomorrow after I come home from school. The song for this chapter is “Lego House” by Ed Sheeran because I love Ed’s music, he is just a genius.

XOXO Alicia.(: