Chapter Twelve: Waffles, Phone Calls and Unexpected Guests

**Alicia’s POV**

“Is this Chris?”

“Yes, who is this?”

“Oh my god, Chris! It’s Alicia; I thought you had changed your number over the years, how have you been short stuff?”

“Don’t call me short, Alee- Lee; I’m 6 ft. 3 in. now! I think that makes me taller than you. Anyways, I’m good, engaged now, and finally happy, how have you been?”

“OOHH, Mr. Shorty finally grew, and yes that does make you taller than me. Who is this lucky lady that will be Mrs. Shorty anyways?”

“Do you remember Lucy?”

“Yeah, YOU ARE ENGAGED TO LUCY? Oh my god! I’m so happy for you!”

“Yeah, after you left for London with Niall and the rest of them, Lucy moved back and we hit it off and the rest is history. When am I going to come visit you in London anyways, I miss you Alee-Lee, we need quality catch up time, face to face, and not just Skype!”

“I was just about to get to that; I am actually in town on vacation. Well we all are: me and Keannia and the whole lot of us are staying in the Miller house just up by the lodge, you should come and bring Lucy, and I want to have a big reunion.”

“We are busy until roughly three, but we can come over any time after that, what time do you want us to come?”

“How about 4:30? Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow, so it has to be today. Besides, I have news to share when you and Lucy come round.”

“OOH, I’m enticed, any hints?”

“None, besides that fact that you will be really happy for all of us.”

“Darn, well, see you tomorrow, Lucy is home, I’ll have her call you later tonight, alright?”

“Alright, later short stuff, see you tomorrow.” I say hanging up my iPhone 5.

“Who was that?” Keannia asks walking into the living room still groggy.

“A special surprise for tomorrow, you will love it, just trust me. Now do you want waffles? I need a way to wake up Nialler and tell him the good news.”

“Yes, can they be your famous mix waffles?” She asks with sudden excitement.

“You mean the chocolate chip strawberry ones?”

“Always; the only kind that you ever make and the only kind that wakes up Niall early.”

“Why are we walking him up early, what are you two planning?” said Liam and Zayn walking in the kitchen to make tea to wake them up.

“I have no idea what she is planning; I’m just the accomplice in it all.” said Keannia making her chai tea.

“I’s important news for all of you to hear, so go wake everyone up but Niall, I want the waffles to wake him up.”

“YOU ARE MAKING WAFFLES? YAY!” screams Liam a little too loudly and wakes Dani up.

“Yum waffles. Which kind this time? I’m going to guess the strawberry chocolate chip ones, like always.” She replies sassy while Liam hands her a mug of tea and takes her to curl up on the couch.

“You would be correct.”

*Knock, knock*

“Who could that be? Our guests aren’t coming until about 4:30.”

_________________________A/N_________________

Cliffhanger! I needed to introduce the drama somehow and this is the only way I could think of.  Anyways, sorry this is long overdue and shorter than I wanted. I will try and add another chapter to this because I promised to update a lot and I just haven’t, I’ve been going through a lot lately and had my own drama to deal with, needless to say December was a month full of pure concentrated suck. January has been much better, thank goodness. The song for this chapter is “When You Were Young” by The Killers because I love this song and because Louis loves The Killers so I thought I would put one of their songs somewhere in my story.

XOXO Alicia.(: