-Chapter 1-

You woke up to the loud shrill of your alarm.

"GOOD GOD WHAT WAS THAT- oh, it's just my alarm," you said to yourself.

You were going to go back to sleep when you realized that it was your first day as a 3rd year. A mix of dread and excitement started to fill your veins. You were excited about a new school but terrified because of the same reason. Normally you love to embrace change but something that was this sudden and heart-wrenching made you scared.

Trying to think about the positives you realized that you get to make new friends. You are a very sociable person and make friends fairly easily but you never exert yourself trying too hard. Another thought popped into your head as you were getting ready. When are volleyball tryouts? This made you more excited about today.

Still thinking about it on your walk to school you couldn't help but get distracted and you eventually got lost. You opened the maps app on your phone and realized you have been walking the wrong way the whole time. Great way to start the day... You noticed the time and started sprinting because there were 15 minutes until the bell and you were 20 minutes away. While on your "morning run" you noticed a tall redhead running in the same direction but on the opposite side of the street. You had to stop looking at him because you almost got hit by a car.

You made it right before the bell panting a little bit and thought to yourself, "maybe I should have done track?" However, your thoughts were quickly interrupted when someone suddenly ran into you making you stumble forward. You snap your head around and see a tall, red-headed guy panting. He apologized quickly before walking around you. "wait a minute.." you thought. You then remembered him from your "morning run." "so he goes here too," you thought for a moment. You were soon brought back to reality by the obnoxious hum of the bell. Your teacher assigned seats and you were sat next to a pretty girl named Ito Ami. You introduced yourself, "hi uh I'm l/n y/n but you can call me y/n."

"hi y/n! I'm Ito Ami and Ami is fine," she said.

The two of you started talking and got along great. She was a little on the shyer side so your personalities balanced out well. You found out that she plays tennis and used to play volleyball when she was 14. You both ended up whispering during the whole class and quickly became friends. Soon enough it was lunchtime so you and Ami headed to the cafeteria. After you got your food you two were talking and walking towards a table not paying attention.

Suddenly the back of someone's hand was flying at full force towards your face. It hit you right in the nose and you almost fell back until someone grabbed you by the shoulders. You were face to face with the same redhead.

"OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY. This is like the second time I didn't even see you," he shouted.

"It's alright I'm fine," you said laughing a little.

he helped you straighten yourself out then asked for your name.

"l/n y/n but you can call me y/n," you told him.

"Cute name," he thought to himself before replying, "Tendou Satori, nice meeting you shorty," he said with a smile.

You acted hurt by reaching for your heart then laughed at the nickname.

"Nice meeting you..." you thought for a moment, "you ginger."

His mouth was left agape and looked as if you had just killed five of his grandchildren. You both started laughing started walking towards your respective tables. Back with Ami, she introduced you to some of her friends, Ikeda Hana,  Kondo Jun, and Miura Moe. It was fun getting to know Ami's friends and you all got along really well. Hana and Jun were pretty outgoing meanwhile Moe and Ami were a little on the quiet side but all of you started to become friends.

School eventually ended so you decided to go find the volleyball coach and ask about tryouts. You were looking around for a little bit and saw a very familiar redhead talking with a really scary man. You decided to go up to them.

"Hey ginger," you said

"Oh hey shorty, Ushi this is the girl I was telling you about," he said

you thought to yourself, "he talked about me?"

He then introduced the two of you, "shorty, this is Wakatoshi Ushijima, Ushijima this is y/n aka shorty."

He put his arms around the both of you while you and Wakatoshi greeted each other then the two of you stared at tendou.

"AHHH WHY IS HE DOING THIS I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM," You started internally screaming and your face started to get a little warm. 

Your eyes lingered trying to focus on anything but his arm around you. Your eyes eventually landed on a bag that says "Shiratorizawa Volleyball." 

"Who's bag is that?" You asked.

"Oh, that's mine!" Tendou said proudly while letting go of you and Wakatoshi.

"Oh wow, you play? I'm a libero," you said excitedly.

"Aw well it makes sense, you're so short and cute," he said making you blush a little bit.

"Okay ginger at least take me to dinner first," so said mostly to yourself but also tendou.

His eyes widened then he smirked, "that can be arranged."

Wakatoshi stood there silently amused but staring at the wall looking as serious as ever. The two of you laughed and started talking about the positions that you play. You found out he plays as a middle blocker and Wakatoshi is an ace. It makes sense considering they are the height of the Eiffel Tower. You asked tendou where the coach is so he offered to walk with you since he is going that way anyway. Wakatoshi needed to head home so you all said your goodbyes and went with tendou. 

On the walk to the coach's office, tendou was talking about all of his amazing plays and you were talking about all of your amazing saves. The two of you got along perfectly and act as if you have known each other for years. In your short walk with him, you realized how much you enjoyed his company. He made your energy skyrocket with his personality and feels the same way. He was going to the gym to work on his serves so the two of you parted ways.

You spoke with the coach about tryouts and he told you they are in a week. You got so excited you almost jumped. But you didn't of course. You started your journey home but were sure to use maps so you wouldn't get lost again like you did this morning. The walk home was much easier and you were able to see the beautiful sunset. You pulled your phone out and decided to take a picture to remember your first day.

As soon as you got home you did the little homework you have and fell right asleep. That night you were dreaming about volleyball, chocolate, and.. tendou??

><

Hope you enjoyed it!