Cast and characters

Sonic (Voiced by Ben Schwartz) - An anthropomorphic blue hedgehog who can run at supersonic speeds and is on the run from the Government, Robotnik, and Rush.

XLR8 (Voiced by Josh Keaton) - A Kineceleran, a blue-and-black humanoid velociraptor-like alien who has the ability to run at superhuman speed and Sonic's best friend.

Rainbow Dash (Voiced by Ashleigh Ball) - The student/star athlete of Canterlot High, stated to be the captain of every sports team the school has an electric guitarist/lead vocalist for the Rainbooms. She represents the element of loyalty.

Scootaloo (Voiced by Madeleine Peters) - A Student from Canterlot High School and a member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She idolized Rainbow Dash as a sister with whom she enjoys a sister-like relationship.

Twilight Sparkle (Sci-Twi) (Voiced by Tara Strong) - Twilight Sparkle's human counterpart and a former student at Crystal Prep Academy, who eventually transfers to Canterlot High School and the owner of Spike the Dog.

Sunset Shimmer (Voiced by Rebecca Shoichet) - A female unicorn pony-turned-human, a former student of Princess Celestia, and a rhythm guitarist for the Rainbooms.

Spike (Voiced by Cathy Weseluck) - A dog with the ability to speak and Twilight Sparkle's human counterpart's pet dog. In the Equestria Girls series, his alternate universe counterpart included in the Friendship Games lineup is "Sci-Twi's" ordinary pet dog who gains the ability to speak from exposure to Equestrian magic.

Applejack (Voiced by Ashleigh Ball) - A Canterlot High student who works on her family's farm and bass guitarist for the Rainbooms. She represents the element of Honesty.

Apple Bloom (Voiced by Michelle Creber) - A freshman from Canterlot High School and part of The Cutie Mark Crusaders. She is Applejack's younger sister.

Pinkie Pie (Voiced by Andrea Libman) - An eccentric and friendly Canterlot High student and drummer for the Rainbooms. She represents the element of laughter.

Fluttershy (Voiced by Andrea Libman) - A Canterlot High student who is also an animal rescue center volunteer, and tambourine player for the Rainbooms. She represents the element of kindness.

Rarity (Voiced by Tabitha St. Germain) - A Canterlot High student and a talented seamstress, much like her Friendship Is Magic counterpart and keytarist for the Rainbooms. She represents the element of generosity.

Sweetie Belle (Voiced by Claire Corlett) - A freshman from Canterlot High School. She is Rarity's younger sister and is a member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders along with her friends Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.

Dr. Robotnik (As Jim Carrey) - A brilliant, but evil and insane scientist who is out to steal Sonic and XLR8's powers and conquer the world.

Agent Stone (As Lee Majdoub) - A government agent who works for Robotnik.

Rush (Voiced by Greg Cipes) - An alternate Counterpart of XLR8 who is colored green and has grayish-green armor and is also Robotnik's partner. He shares the same abilities as XLR8, such as enhanced speed, agility, and reflexes. However, Rush is most likely faster, and much more powerful than XLR8.

Longclaw (Voiced by Donna Jay Fulks) - An anthropomorphic brown owl and Sonic and XLR8's caretaker.

Baby Sonic as Benjamin Valic

Baby XLR8 as Josh Keaton

Miles "Tails" Prower (Voiced by Colleen O'Shaughnessy) - An anthropomorphic yellow-orange two-tailed fox who appears in an initially uncredited cameo appearance and in a search for Sonic and XLR8.

Jetray (Voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - An Aerophibian, a red manta ray-like alien from the ocean planet Aeropela whose main abilities are his flight, laser vision and tail, and adaptability to any environment. He is also Tails' Partner.